Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phpbbfm, but I want help to migrate to vbulletin

Hi,
    I am buying the vbulletin license these days, but before, I want to know if someone can give me a hand on the migration.

I have phpbbfm, and the impex does not show that forum as supported.

I have like 4600 members and 106336 posts.

I have a coppermine gallery, and a lot of features are used at this moment.

Please let me know, I am not an expert, and I donĀ“t want to broke my actual data on the forum.

Regards.

Well, I don't know for sure.
    But I think impex should also do the job, as phpbbfm is in fact phpbb with mods, right? So the important database fields like the ones with the username and password, etc should be the same as normal phpbb and that is what impex uses, but again, i'm not sure.

Comment

Yes, it will work. It's just phpbb like gamestar said. Keep in mind though, you will lose stuff that was from the mods, but the posts and members and such will carry over. I had to redo forum permissions, and take a little while to get used to things in vb, which I'm still doing, but all in all it went ok.

Comment

Note that user passwords will not be imported! phpBB uses a password hashing algorithm that is not consistent with the methods vBulletin or any other software employ.
        -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
        This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

if his version of phpbb is 2.0 which I think it might be. It will port the passwords over. phpbb 2.0 used the same hashing as vbulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by SSSlippy View Post
            if his version of phpbb is 2.0 which I think it might be. It will port the passwords over. phpbb 2.0 used the same hashing as vbulletin.
            Some of the earlier versions were just md5 I believe, so they can be imported. Being one of the only two states that a password can be in, in the source and be imported (the other is plain text).

Hashed and salted passwords are currently not imported, though this is the advised solution for users :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Planning a migration ahead of time and knowing this allows you to message all users to ensure they have a vaild email address on their account that they currently use.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X