Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know when the stable 3.7 will be out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NegativeSmoke
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...87#post1542587

there's your answer, next week.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    To be fair, it took about 3 months for Jelsoft to release 3.6 from Beta to Gold Release and about 5 months for the 3.5 to go from Beta to Gold Release.

Leave a comment:

• JVCode
    replied
    Would you rather they rushed and threw out a half finished, full of bugs / exploits, sloppy message board? If not, let them finish finalising 3.7 properly. Jelsoft are perfectionists.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    Read the announcements for the 3.5 and 3.6 betas and look how long it took then.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If you read the discussion thread, you will see that there is no estimate given at all. And they won't give an estimate.

Most people are installing 3.7 on a test forum and working on their modifications there in anticipation that once 3.7 is officially released, there should not be too much more to modify.

Leave a comment:

• osayidan
    replied
    I'm wondering if theres at the very least an estimate to a period in time for stable 3.7?
    I'm working on a large project and the project schedule/planning & version i use in the project will depend on how soon 3.7 will be available.

The project involves huge amounts of customization and integration into other systems, so for convenience reasons i'll either be using 3.6.8 (or if another 3.6.x comes before i get to that stage) or 3.7, not much chance of upgrading to 3.7 once i get started due to extreme amounts of work required... so really would be great to have some rough estimate.

Leave a comment:

• Hossie
    replied
    It is very likely that it will be released within your 1 year of free upgrades - so feel free to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• sam07
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    When a release date is available it will be posted in the Announcement forum.

Very few styles will need any changes to them to be compatible with vBulletin 3.7.0. The majority of styles are simply image and color changes. Many others simply change the header, footer and maybe two or three other templates. The few left would probably be updated by their authors quite soon after the release.

Leave a comment:

• sam07
    started a topic Does anyone know when the stable 3.7 will be out?

Does anyone know when the stable 3.7 will be out?

Hey

can anyone tell me if a stable 3.7 release is expected any time soon?

I am meaning to buy a vbulletin license shortly and am also looking around to buy a skin. Most skins are for 3.6.x though right now.

Can anyone tell me if it's usually a lot of work to 1)upgrade vbulletin and 2)make a skin compatible with the upgrade?

Thanks!
    Sam
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X