Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb3-vbulletin

Hello!

now i have phpbb3 forum and mkportal - will buy vbulletin but have some questions!

is it possibly to convert or import my users and forums - posts from phpbb3 to vbulletin and how?

regards
    bosss

www.belaplay.com

edit: what i must do for buy vbulletin?
    Welcome to Libar

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin Forum Software and for contacting vBulletin Sales.

You can go here: http://www.vBulletin.com/order/ to place an order for vBulletin.

We offer import-software called: impex
    which allows you to import from third party scripts.

You can find a list of supported third party forums to import from into vBulletin here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump

Comment

Thanks for replay!

Have just 2 question more! Which version of vbulletin board - forum you offer?

And i look in import scripts and see that you have for phpbb3 - beta 5 but not for phpbb3 - gold version and how works import for gold version?

regards
      bosss
      Welcome to Libar

Comment

Your first question: which vb version -> basically all of them.

Your license grants you permission to run one instance of vBulletin. This means if you go to the members' area and wish to download vBulletin for your site you are free to choose which version. Say, 2.3.x or 3.6.x or 3.7.x

We recommend the latest stable release, which is 3.6.8 PL2 at the moment.

You can at any time upgrade to any new version that comes out within 12 months of your purchase, from the version you've got installed (without any data loss) because you get 12 months free download access to newer versions.

Comment

As for phpbb3 gold to vBulletin, you could give it a try, but it is at this point not guaranteed. If you can provide our developer with a test database to import from we can see if there are any showstoppers we might be able to fix. Usually when it's out as a stable release we will then support it.

Comment

phpBB3 to vBulletin is supported.
            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Thanks for replay ..i am new vbulletin customer... have buy licence for 2 days ago and will test and import scripts ....

where i can download plugins or add-ons for vbulletin 3.6 or 3.7 ?

regards

bosss
              Welcome to Libar

Comment

At vBorg.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by bosss View Post
                  ...where i can download plugins or add-ons for vbulletin 3.6 or 3.7 ?
                  http://www.vbulletin.org

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

I use phpBB 3.0.4 for my board (135.000 posts, 600 users).

Is it sure, that i can convert to vBulletin with the ImpEx?
                    I don't want to pay for vBulletin before i know that.

Comment

Yes, there is a phpbb3 importer for impex.

Comment

is it possible to add own created BBCodes?

Is it possible to convert to a second MySQL database?

What should i know or prepare before starting the process?

Comment

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you can do multiple imports.

3. Please note that since phpBB3 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

You can read the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Just want to let you know, that i've ordered the full license today.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X