X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calwrxsti
    replied
    Originally posted by NolFito View Post
    This section is designed to help people with and without vbulletin, to solve their queries and therefor be able to make up their mind ^^

lots of info about owned vs leased licences
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...82#post1478782

I don't know about other forum softwares, i didn't need the research since I'm very happy with vbulletin... I've had no serious problems, and when I needed it the help was A+++ category. Friendly, quick, and efficient.
    Is the best 160$ I've ever spent ^^ no regrates what so ever.

When my site had about 50k visits a day it would drain about 12gbs (each day). But my sites is rather special as most post are very long (50k+ characters) and one of the most visited post has around 1 million characters visited 10k a day :S) Currently with about 70~75kpeople each day around 19~20gbs a day :S (I wonder why my server wants us there so much)
    So it will probably be less for other people

yah, i'm thinking of an automotive forum with pictures and avatars and what not..so that would be a lot of bandwidth, but that is another thing i have to deal with. At your 50k visits a day what was your hosting cost if you don't mind me asking....

I will definitely be purchasing vbulletin...if you know of nasioc.com that uses vbulletin and it's search problems that it has(150,000members)...are these search issues related to vb?

if you have time pm me some prices you paid for hosting will ya I am trying to get off my feet without a loan or partners

I appreciate your help, I am just trying to add up costs...dreamweaver(or other prog), registering site, hosting site, moderating site...etc EEEk

Leave a comment:

• NolFito
    replied
    Originally posted by calwrxsti View Post
    Hey I was wondering if you could help me with a question or two...this is my first post on the site and I don't even know if I can post or not without buying vblulletin?
    This section is designed to help people with and without vbulletin, to solve their queries and therefor be able to make up their mind ^^

Originally posted by calwrxsti View Post
    I would like information about what comes with purchasing 3.6.8 and if there is a newer version or even a better forum software for the price then vbulletin right now in your honest opinion.
    lots of info about owned vs leased licences
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...82#post1478782
    Originally posted by vbulletin.com
    https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

vBulletin (Owned License)
    I would like information about what comes with purchasing 3.6.8 and if there is a newer version or even a better forum software for the price then vbulletin right now in your honest opinion.
    The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, you will have to pay a nominal fee, currently $30, to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum.Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the Members' Area.

vBulletin (Leased License)
    The leased vBulletin Forum license allows you to use the software on your site for 1 year and gives you access to products updates for that year. After 1 year, you must renew your license or remove the software from your site.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the members' area.
    I don't know about other forum softwares, i didn't need the research since I'm very happy with vbulletin... I've had no serious problems, and when I needed it the help was A+++ category. Friendly, quick, and efficient.
    Is the best 160$ I've ever spent ^^ no regrates what so ever.

I would also like to know who to get hosting from(as in who is competitvely priced and how much are ball park figures on traffic for 50,000 members)..how much bandwidth would one need...
    When my site had about 50k visits a day it would drain about 12gbs (each day). But my sites is rather special as most post are very long (50k+ characters) and one of the most visited post has around 1 million characters visited 10k a day :S) Currently with about 70~75kpeople each day around 19~20gbs a day :S (I wonder why my server wants us there so much)
    So it will probably be less for other people
    Last edited by NolFito; Fri 18 Jan '08, 5:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• calwrxsti
    replied
    Originally posted by nexialys View Post
    Hum, where did you get this error?!.. on the demo forum or here when browsing?!

on both situations, it is normal to have such errors on THIS site... they are using the latest BETA version to TEST it on production conditions.. they are debugging this version, and by that action, will cause bugs like this one.

This is not related to the product but to the NEXT version... the actual 3.6.8 version is stable and without these strange behaviors...

vBulletin itself is stable... with more than a quarter of million websites running it today, i suppose there would have more of them offline if the product would be unstable with the kind of errors you faced yesterday.

Hey I was wondering if you could help me with a question or two...this is my first post on the site and I don't even know if I can post or not without buying vblulletin?

I would also like to know who to get hosting from(as in who is competitvely priced and how much are ball park figures on traffic for 50,000 members)..how much bandwidth would one need...

i have many questions and don't expect you to help me with any/or all, that is life.

Thank's

C

Leave a comment:

• zanza3
    replied

on both situations, it is normal to have such errors on THIS site... they are using the latest BETA version to TEST it on production conditions.. they are debugging this version, and by that action, will cause bugs like this one.

This is not related to the product but to the NEXT version... the actual 3.6.8 version is stable and without these strange behaviors...

vBulletin itself is stable... with more than a quarter of million websites running it today, i suppose there would have more of them offline if the product would be unstable with the kind of errors you faced yesterday.
    On this site.. ok.. i understand..

Leave a comment:

• Flexo
    replied
    Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
    Looks like advertising to me!

I can clearly see that it is phpbb.
    I 2nd that emotion.

Leave a comment:

• Wiley
    replied
    Ideato e realizzato da Marco Iannantuoni con phpBB

- This simply says the business idea and concept is by Marco Iannantuoni (his name) using phpBB.

Leave a comment:

• xjuliox
    replied
    Looks like advertising to me!

I can clearly see that it is phpbb.

Leave a comment:

• boogie box high
    replied
    with more than a quarter of million websites running it today,
    Would like to see the source for this information.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zanza3
    replied
    up!

Leave a comment:

• zanza3
    replied
    I need a stable forum.

I don't think this is a stable forum.
    Today gave:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'scarlet.jelsoft.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /classes/Database.php on line 107
    error initializing page.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'azure.jelsoft.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /classes/Database.php on line 107
    error initializing page.

How many connections supports?

How many online users?

Leave a comment:

• zanza3
    replied
    Originally posted by RichM View Post
    I do not recommend that you attempt to copy a style which belongs to another site. This would be a copyright infringement unless you buy the rights, or are given permission to use the style in question. Irrespective of that though, the style in question was not designed for vBulletin.

However, with the use of vBulletin's advanced template system, you could create a very good style, even with limited knowledge of HTML.

- RichM
    Really?

Tell me more about that Advance Template System.

I will be able to remake the theme of http://www.p1i.org/ ?

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Originally posted by zanza3 View Post
    auch!

ok sorry...

But i really want this skin...

can I use a phpbb skin with vBulletin?
    I do not recommend that you attempt to copy a style which belongs to another site. This would be a copyright infringement unless you buy the rights, or are given permission to use the style in question. Irrespective of that though, the style in question was not designed for vBulletin.

However, with the use of vBulletin's advanced template system, you could create a very good style, even with limited knowledge of HTML.

- RichM

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    This style is quite simple to mimic -- and make better in my opinion...

forum styles are easy to find all around the net... if you do have a prefered style, you can ask a designer to make it...

Leave a comment:

• zanza3
    replied
    auch!

ok sorry...

But i really want this skin...

can I use a phpbb skin with vBulletin?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X