Hi guys!

Surfing I have found this italian forum:

http://www.p1i.org

it is really beautiful. I want it!

is it a vBulletin?

Thnks!

I don't speak Italian, but looking at this bit:
    Ideato e realizzato da Marco Iannantuoni con phpBB
    (found at the bottom of the page), I'd guess it was phpBB.
    When in doubt, give it a clout :D

Comment

auch!

ok sorry...

But i really want this skin...

can I use a phpbb skin with vBulletin?

Comment

This style is quite simple to mimic -- and make better in my opinion...

forum styles are easy to find all around the net... if you do have a prefered style, you can ask a designer to make it...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by zanza3 View Post
          auch!

ok sorry...

But i really want this skin...

can I use a phpbb skin with vBulletin?
          I do not recommend that you attempt to copy a style which belongs to another site. This would be a copyright infringement unless you buy the rights, or are given permission to use the style in question. Irrespective of that though, the style in question was not designed for vBulletin.

However, with the use of vBulletin's advanced template system, you could create a very good style, even with limited knowledge of HTML.

- RichM

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
            I do not recommend that you attempt to copy a style which belongs to another site. This would be a copyright infringement unless you buy the rights, or are given permission to use the style in question. Irrespective of that though, the style in question was not designed for vBulletin.

However, with the use of vBulletin's advanced template system, you could create a very good style, even with limited knowledge of HTML.

- RichM
            Really?

Tell me more about that Advance Template System.

I will be able to remake the theme of http://www.p1i.org/ ?

Comment

I need a stable forum.

I don't think this is a stable forum.
              Today gave:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'scarlet.jelsoft.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /classes/Database.php on line 107
              error initializing page.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'azure.jelsoft.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts' in /classes/Database.php on line 107
              error initializing page.

How many connections supports?

How many online users?

Comment

up!

Comment

Hum, where did you get this error?!.. on the demo forum or here when browsing?!

on both situations, it is normal to have such errors on THIS site... they are using the latest BETA version to TEST it on production conditions.. they are debugging this version, and by that action, will cause bugs like this one.

This is not related to the product but to the NEXT version... the actual 3.6.8 version is stable and without these strange behaviors...

vBulletin itself is stable... with more than a quarter of million websites running it today, i suppose there would have more of them offline if the product would be unstable with the kind of errors you faced yesterday.
                  oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                    with more than a quarter of million websites running it today,
                    Would like to see the source for this information.

Comment

Looks like advertising to me!

I can clearly see that it is phpbb.
                      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Ideato e realizzato da Marco Iannantuoni con phpBB

- This simply says the business idea and concept is by Marco Iannantuoni (his name) using phpBB.

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                          Looks like advertising to me!

I can clearly see that it is phpbb.
                          I 2nd that emotion.
                          MovieGod.de - Wer mit Popcorn schmei├čt, fliegt raus.

Comment

on both situations, it is normal to have such errors on THIS site... they are using the latest BETA version to TEST it on production conditions.. they are debugging this version, and by that action, will cause bugs like this one.

This is not related to the product but to the NEXT version... the actual 3.6.8 version is stable and without these strange behaviors...

vBulletin itself is stable... with more than a quarter of million websites running it today, i suppose there would have more of them offline if the product would be unstable with the kind of errors you faced yesterday.
                            On this site.. ok.. i understand..

Comment

Hey I was wondering if you could help me with a question or two...this is my first post on the site and I don't even know if I can post or not without buying vblulletin?

I would like information about what comes with purchasing 3.6.8 and if there is a newer version or even a better forum software for the price then vbulletin right now in your honest opinion.

I would also like to know who to get hosting from(as in who is competitvely priced and how much are ball park figures on traffic for 50,000 members)..how much bandwidth would one need...

i have many questions and don't expect you to help me with any/or all, that is life.

Thank's

C

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X