Currency / SMF & VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency / SMF & VBulletin

I am going to purchase VBulletin soon but you don't cover my currency which i find odd how am i meant to know how much it will cost me in AUS Australian Dollars ?

I am currently running SMF and would like to know if it will be easy to convert my members over to VBulletin ?
    AUSSIEHOLDEN.COM.AU - Classic To Current Holdens Enthusiast Forum Australia
    www.aussieholden.com.au

Firstly, if you use paypal or any of the credit card options, your payment gateway (paypal or credit card company) will conver the currency for you. As for how much itll cost, you will have to check a local currency exchange.

Secondly SMF does convert to vBulletin easily, but the user passwords dont so all the users will have to use the password reset feature to have their apssword reset.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

As briefly mentioned above, Paypal will do any currency conversions for you. You do not need to worry about this, as it's all done automatically. I live in the UK, and I buy items listed in USD on a regular basis. It's exactly the same as buying a product or service from a company in my own country.

Obviously, exchange rates change all the time. Whilst this does not affect the purchase process, it will affect the amount you pay to some extent. Due to this, I suggest using www.xe.com to work out exactly how much you will be paying. I usually use it whenever I buy a product or service which isn't listed in my own currency. (£)

Hope that helps.

- Rich
      Last edited by RichM; Wed 9 Jan '08, 2:47am.

Comment

Secondly SMF does convert to vBulletin easily, but the user passwords dont so all the users will have to use the password reset feature to have their apssword reset.
        That's sounding very good so far. Is there a read-up in this for me so I can see what will be involved to do the data-base conversion.
        www.aussieholden.com.au

Comment

heya
          im in australia also
          and purchased vb
          last week and it cost me around the $180 mark
          i used paypal it was very easy
          and i also converted from smf to vb
          and that was surprisingly very easy also
          the only thing i am finding hard is knowing when people have reset there password
          and when i sent my mass email out a lot didnt get there
          but after a couple of hours i was ready to chuck it in
          but i realised i was very impatient and look at instructions a little harder
          and things fell into place
          and now i am getting to like vb a lot

daniel d

Comment

$180.00 was that in US or AUS I worked it out to be $238.00AUS but I also added the tool option and I'm not sure if I need that or not.

I'm also going to need a Auto skin/template/theme anyone one of any good one out there.
            www.aussieholden.com.au

Comment

$160 us was at the time around $180 australian
              there are a heap of skins around

daniel d

Comment

You don't need the tool option.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X