Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

Hello,

I am trying to sell my employer on the idea of using vbulletin for a customer accessible knowledge base as well as a means of tracking customer contact. The basic principle will work just fine as is but they would like to install a template of some sort into the main text field so each thread will have the same basic information. This would standardize how the Field Reps like myself write our reports. I'm sure this could be done easy enough even if we had to cut and paste it from word or something but the key is that they would like to search and filter by these fields as well. I guess what we need is several text fields instead of just the subject line and main message areas and the ability to include these fields into the search page. Anyone have any idea if this is even remotely possible? I'm sure we could go find a customer support type software but they are all very expensive and have many functions we really dont need.

Thanks
    Max

There are addons at vBulletin.org that allow custom fields and forms to be created for new threads, so yes this is possible.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne...I'll check there to see if I can find something that will work. Glad to hear my idea still has hope!

Thanks
      Max

Comment

Working...
      X