Worried about paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about paypal

I know this is not Vbulletin related, but it is in my case. I'm only 16. As such, i'm not completly sure on how to do paypal. I have set up a paypal with a bank/debit card, not a CREDIT CARD. Will this paypal still work? because it says they will be making two small deposits in 3-5 days to confirm i'm the true owner(not a fruad). I'm just worried that it might not work.

The reason i think it might not work is because on my bank statement, my "account number" was ##-RESTOFNUMBERSHERE and I could not enter the dash in the paypal "account number" field, so i'm scared it won't work. I'm with CIBC.

Originally posted by apothic haxxor View Post
    I know this is not Vbulletin related, but it is in my case. I'm only 16. As such, i'm not completly sure on how to do paypal. I have set up a paypal with a bank/debit card, not a CREDIT CARD. Will this paypal still work? because it says they will be making two small deposits in 3-5 days to confirm i'm the true owner(not a fruad). I'm just worried that it might not work.

The reason i think it might not work is because on my bank statement, my "account number" was ##-RESTOFNUMBERSHERE and I could not enter the dash in the paypal "account number" field, so i'm scared it won't work. I'm with CIBC.
    No need to get worried when I first joined Paypal they made 2 small deposits into my account where I had to type that exact amount in after I recieved it into my Paypal account to verify I was the Card holder.

Comment

yes, but the whole dash in the account name not being able to be put inj paypal field won't effect it right?

Also, say i want to buy Vbulletin for 85$(leased) do I need to transfer monewy from bank account to paypal b4 buying? If so, how do I do this, and how long shall it take?

Also, these small deposits, theys ay 3-5 days, how long was it for you to have the deposits by paypal made?

Note: This is not by a credit card...and I forget if I ahd to put in my debit card number...

Comment

yes, but the whole dash in the account name not being able to be put inj paypal field won't effect it right?

Also, say i want to buy Vbulletin for 85$(leased) do I need to transfer monewy from bank account to paypal b4 buying? If so, how do I do this, and how long shall it take?

Also, these small deposits, theys ay 3-5 days, how long was it for you to have the deposits by paypal made?

Note: This is not by a credit card...and I forget if I ahd to put in my debit card number...
        Most sites when you pay with a credit/debit card you only have to type in the numbers and not the dashes "-" so it should be fine.

It depends if you are using a Credit/Debit Card or another means of funds, If its any of the cards you do not have to transfer money it does it automatically.

I got the deposits in about 3 days.

Comment

You see what i ment by the dashes, are when paypal ask for your "account number" which can be found on a bank statement. My accoutn number was ##-RESTOFNUMBERS and I could not put in the dash in the 'account number" field for paypal to add a bank account.

So, i'm guessing my paypal will be linked right to my bank account. if this is the case, when i buy Vbulletin, it will take the money out of my chequing account, right? Will this then be an instant transaction?

Comment

You see what i ment by the dashes, are when paypal ask for your "account number" which can be found on a bank statement. My accoutn number was ##-RESTOFNUMBERS and I could not put in the dash in the 'account number" field for paypal to add a bank account.

So, i'm guessing my paypal will be linked right to my bank account. if this is the case, when i buy Vbulletin, it will take the money out of my chequing account, right? Will this then be an instant transaction?
            Yes, the dashes in the account number do not matter so long as the numbers are all there. You could phone Paypal to make sure?

Comment

I can't allow my mother to know i'm using paypal. I'll just wait 3 days too see if I get the deposits. if i don't i'll ask my sister to use her paypal.

Comment

No need to worry about the dashes in the account number, but just make sure your name is EXACTLY as written as it is with the bank. Sometimes PayPal is picky, my legal name had a hyphan which I used space for, and I got rejected once. Corrected that and it went through just fine.
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

Comment

Thank you for all your answers. does the prefix in the name count? as in Mr.first/lastname? Because the name was Shawn Hartwell, without the prefix of Mr.
                  please, for the love of god, don't tell me this will effect it. I honestly don;t see why it would, but if it does i'll be a little upset.

Comment

Thank you for all your answers. does the prefix in the name count? as in Mr.first/lastname? Because the name was Shawn Hartwell, without the prefix of Mr.
                    please, for the love of god, don't tell me this will effect it. I honestly don;t see why it would, but if it does i'll be a little upset.
                    I cant see it will matter as they would know for sure Shawn is a male name.

Comment

Alright, looks like i'm set on wensday to make my transaction. just ONE last thing, and I swear i'll stop using up your time. Does the money need to be 'transfered' into my 'paypal account' to make the transaction, or can I leave the money in my bank?

Comment

Alright, looks like i'm set on wensday to make my transaction. just ONE last thing, and I swear i'll stop using up your time. Does the money need to be 'transfered' into my 'paypal account' to make the transaction, or can I leave the money in my bank?
                        If your using just your bank account number you will need to transfer the money to paypal but if your using a credit/debit card it will tranfer automatic.

Comment

Alright, thank you. I'm sure the transfer for the money from the bank to paypal can be no more then a few days, so within 2 weeks I'll order Vbulletin.
                          Thank you for all your help everyone.

Comment

Sorry to bring this back up...but i'm an idoit. How do i go about transfering the money from my bank account into paypal, and how much of a service charge is included?

Comment

I told you that in your support ticket
                              Once your bank acct is confirmed etc., click on "Add Funds" in your paypal account, and they will help you move money from your bank account to PayPal.
                              Best Regards,
                              Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X