Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipb 2.1.6 -> vB & Questions

Hello.

I am thinking to purchase a vBulletin licence, soon, and so I have some questions.

I currently have a forum (about 3000 members, 150.000 posts) running Invision Power Board 2.1.6.

I have read that ImpEx works on 2.2 but I haven't read anything similar for 2.1.6, so I want to be ensured that once I pay for that licence I will be able to import my data to the new forum.

Also, I read that there is an issue about the passwords, that they are discarded through the transfer proccess. So, I want to know how are my members going to log into the new vB forum since they will not know their passwords?

Thanks in advance.

The Impex importer should work for 2.1.6.

Please note that since IPB passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh man, more half of my members are not using a valid email address...well, I guess I'm gonna start informing them about the situation.

Another thing: Is there any possibility that I pay any vBulletin staff to do the import for me?

Comment

We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it.

Please read the online Impex import instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X