Trying to purchase vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to purchase vBulletin

I'm trying to buy it but I was having problems and after 3 attempts I'm not getting this response:

We were unable to authorise this transaction based on the credentials supplied. Please supply an alternative payment method or cancel the transaction.

Too many attempts in defined period.
    I called in and tried to purchase it over the phone and they said no representatives available and to leave a message. So I did and they emailed me almost instantly asking what the problem is and now communication has completely ended.

What should I do?

We don't have phone sales or support available on weekends or night. ou should use the Sales Contact form.

Nonetheless that error means what it says. The credit card processor rejected this purchase base on the credentials you provided. Unffortunately there is nothing we can do about this. Your only other option is to try one of the other credit card processors. We have three:

- Metacharge
    - Worldpay
    - PayPal
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I opened up my bank account and the information is word for word transferred over so I'm not sure what the problem is. (this is used on Metacharge) I can use paypal but I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks before my checks come in to set up my bank account to it. Any suggestions other than that?

Comment

Yes. As per my messager you can also try Worldpay. But please note that your credit card company was actually the one that rejected this purchase because the info you entered did not match the info they have on file for that card. If you enter the wrong info again, then the same thing may happen with Worldpay.

Also you do not have to have an account with Paypal to use the credit card option. They function as just another credit card processor.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, thank you. I will try that now.

Comment

That's still going to be a no go with me. I can't confirm my bank account because it asks for my routing number and account number on my checks which I don't have yet.

Comment

Hey John,

Call your bank and see if they can give you the routing and account number.
              Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I contacted my bank and they disabled my card for expected fraud. How annoying is that? I have to wait until tomorrow morning and get them to activate my card again so I can then purchase vB.

Comment

Hey Julio,

Noticed you're from Bronx, NY. My site is actually a Yankees site . I had it up and running, been open since Christmas but got hacked today and now going to switch over to vB. Are you a Yanks fan?

Comment

Originally posted by John F. View Post
                    Hey Julio,

Noticed you're from Bronx, NY. My site is actually a Yankees site . I had it up and running, been open since Christmas but got hacked today and now going to switch over to vB. Are you a Yanks fan?

Deep down, everyone is a Yankees fan.
                    http://jetnation.com

Comment

So true lol. I own BronxFans.com and started it on Christmas day. The forum already had 40 members and 1,000 posts and I got hacked by a 'friend' and lost it all. I hope to buy this buy tomorrow and get it back up so maybe everyone will re register.

Comment

Originally posted by John F. View Post
                        Hey Julio,

Yeah! I live maybe 15 blocks away from yankee stadium

Once you get vB you're going to love it
                        Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

So true lol. I own www.BronxFans.com and started it on Christmas day. The forum already had 40 members and 1,000 posts and I got hacked by a 'friend' and lost it all. I hope to buy this tomorrow and get it back up so maybe everyone will re register. You two are welcome to come over

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X