No announcement yet.

I am gonna buy vb tonight..Need help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am gonna buy vb tonight..Need help..

I am gonna buy VB tonight but before I do I have a question. Can you convert SMF to VB? I have a forum www.centralwx.com and would like to convert it into vb but how do I do that? Is it free? How long does it take? I need to know this before I purchase vb tonight. Do I get to use the software right away after purchase?

Originally posted by Midwestweather20 View Post
    I am gonna buy VB tonight but before I do I have a question. Can you convert SMF to VB? I have a forum www.centralwx.com and would like to convert it into vb but how do I do that? Is it free? How long does it take? I need to know this before I purchase vb tonight. Do I get to use the software right away after purchase?
    I am looking for the same change and was wondering why are you getting rid of SMF? Don't mean to be offtopic but was just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by bderen View Post
      I am looking for the same change and was wondering why are you getting rid of SMF? Don't mean to be offtopic but was just wondering.
      Because I think vb looks really good. I just wan't to make sure I can convert without problems.

Comment

There is a tool called Impex which will convert your current forum. You can take a look at the in depth manual to see how it works - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

I converted from phpBB and it was straight forward, I had vB up and running in less than an hour.

Regards Jason

Comment

Also, you'll get to download vbulletin once your payment is confirmed as far as I remember. You can download also impex for free (well, not for free, it's included in the license, you get me ).
          "War doesn't determine who is right. Only who is left" Bertran Russel.

Comment

i did mine yesterday
            and converted from smf
            it wasnt that hard once i uploaded the files in the right spot
            if you need some help and cant get it pm me if you want
            cause its still fresh in my head
            i can go through it with ya

daniel d

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X