X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolution Yes
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback,

Can I just clarify that I can use my source forums backup to the the test import, whilst leaving the source forum open for posting - then if all goes well with the test, I then can close my source forum and do a live conversion?

Apologies, but I just want to be absolutely sure and all.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    We recommend doing a test import first so that any issues can be ironed out and so that you have an idea of how long the import takes. Once you are confident to perform the import then you can do it again with the most upto date data.

We can also guide you through using cleaner.php where required.

Leave a comment:

• Revolution Yes
    started a topic Converting Mybb 1.2.10 to vB

Converting Mybb 1.2.10 to vB

Hi,

I hope to purchase a license for Vb, however I just want to get some feedback relating to my situation:

I currently run Mybb 1.2.10 (latest version) and I want to convert to vB. Are there any problems that I should be aware of? I want to minimise downtime of my source forum and so i was wondering how long such a conversion 'typically' takes? I know it depends on many factors but in your experience would you say it could be done in a few hours, half a day, longer? I have 250,000 posts (apprx) and I simply want to convert to vB.

I am a little worried about the possibility of losing/damaging posts during this process - I have read the guidlines and they seem a little daunting on first read. I was wondering how I would go about performing a test conversion - is it simply a case of backing up my forum (via CPanel? phpadmin?) and then performing the conversion using the backup?

I am also worried about bbcodes messing up - I know you have cleaner.php(?), is this reliable?

Thanks for any advise, pointers
    Last edited by peterska2; Thu 20 Dec '07, 8:06am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X