No announcement yet.

Converting Mybb 1.2.10 to vB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically all you need to do is rename the old directory to something else, then rename the vB directory to 'forums'. Be sure to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

And in the Members Area under 'License Options':

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just to perhaps help assure you in some small way, I used Impex to move my board from mybb to vb 3.6.0 awhile back. Flawless and worth it a hundred-fold. I love MyBB, they are a great community and offer one of the best software there is, but my personal opinion is that mybb just doesn't offer the support, mods, or features (yet) that I need for my specific types of communities.[/rant]

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Basically all you need to do is rename the old directory to something else, then rename the vB directory to 'forums'. Be sure to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

And in the Members Area under 'License Options':

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/
        Thankyou for all of your help Steve, my import from Mybb to vBulletin seems to have worked out great!

Originally posted by Audentio View Post
        Just to perhaps help assure you in some small way, I used Impex to move my board from mybb to vb 3.6.0 awhile back. Flawless and worth it a hundred-fold. I love MyBB, they are a great community and offer one of the best software there is, but my personal opinion is that mybb just doesn't offer the support, mods, or features (yet) that I need for my specific types of communities.[/rant]
        Thanks for the reassurance Audentio I too have alot of time for Mybb and their product, but ultimately the problems I was having made me make the inevitable move to vB that bit earlier.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X