X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMF to vBulletin

sorry for my english but I'm italian...

in my site now i have installed smf 1.1.4

in Latest Version: 3.6.8 Patch Level 2 the users password problems in conversion of smf to vbulletin are resolved??

thanks

I upgraded when they put out 3.6.8pl2 and they have not fixed this problem. Thankfully, my forum isn't that big yet so I was able to manually change all the passwords to something everyone could use (and change it to whatever they wished at their convenience).

Comment

Passwords are not imported from SMF due to the way in which they are stored.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

:-( i have 65.000 users.... this is a problem....

Comment

Yea, I upgraded to vB from SMF when my board was small. The passwords WILL not transfer over. Alot of my users, were called imported_username too.

Send out the email, and make sure people see it. I posted an announcement on my homepage redirecting them to the password page.

Comment

but why vBulletin Team not studied a full implex for imported users passwords???

this problem isn't good for vbulletin.. because most users use SMF

after conversion i lost anything??

Comment

Originally posted by iettafune View Post
              but why vBulletin Team not studied a full implex for imported users passwords???

this problem isn't good for vbulletin.. because most users use SMF

after conversion i lost anything??
              Actually most users import from phpBB.

Also vBulletin have studied SMF's password hashing, the problem is, without modification to vBulletins authentication/login code, SMF's hashing is incompatible.

Although saying that, SMF has built in support for password hashing in many varieties. Upon finding a password that is one of the non SMF hashes, SMF hashes the entered password into it's own. Which is a method vBulletin could use.
              http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Originally posted by Jobe1986 View Post
                Actually most users import from phpBB.

Also vBulletin have studied SMF's password hashing, the problem is, without modification to vBulletins authentication/login code, SMF's hashing is incompatible.

Although saying that, SMF has built in support for password hashing in many varieties. Upon finding a password that is one of the non SMF hashes, SMF hashes the entered password into it's own. Which is a method vBulletin could use.
                is good method convert my SMF to phpbb2 or phpbb3 than convert to vbulletin??

Comment

Youll have the same password issue converting from SMF to phpBB to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobe1986 View Post
                    Youll have the same password issue converting from SMF to phpBB to be honest.
                    but when i converting forum smf to phpbb i don't lost users password!!!

Comment

Then it's possible phpBB did the same as SMF to prevent such a loss.

Comment

before i convert smf to phpbb, after convert phpbb to vbulletin for save the users passwords???

Comment

To be totally honest, I believe you will have the same issue. Sorry.

Comment

nooooooooo

please help me to convert the correct table of users passwords.....

my forum have 65000 users...

plase...

thaks

Comment

It's not possible without code modification. Ask at vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X