Hosting specs required for vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting specs required for vBulletin

I'm completely new to the technical side of setting up a forum or a website.

Could you give me a complete list of vBulletin specs for hosting to help me decide which hosting plan to choose?

I'm looking to set up vBulletin forum with 300 users at once, up to 3000 people per day and I guess I would use most of the cool features of vBulletin there are.

What should I be aware of? Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Neru View Post
    I'm completely new to the technical side of setting up a forum or a website.

Could you give me a complete list of vBulletin specs for hosting to help me decide which hosting plan to choose?

I'm looking to set up vBulletin forum with 300 users at once, up to 3000 people per day and I guess I would use most of the cool features of vBulletin there are.

What should I be aware of? Thanks a lot!
    While a shared hosting plan may work with 300 users online at once & I do stress "may work". I would recommend going with a VPS with a minimum of 512 MB of ram and a burst of at least 1 GB.

Comment

Is this already an established site, or are you planning to have that much.

If your planning to have that much then start of with a good shared plan with a reputable company like Medialayer.com or downtownhost.com New forums don't usually grow that quickly.

If this is already an established site with 300 users online at the forums at once I suggest you get a dedicated server from Softlayer.com or Volumedrive.com

Comment

Originally posted by l SKN l CHRIS View Post

If this is already an established site with 300 users online at the forums at once I suggest you get a dedicated server from Softlayer.com or Volumedrive.com
        A dedicated server really wouldn't be needed with 300 users online at a time. It would be a bit overkill when a VPS would be the best route at this time.

I've had 500+ users online with my VPS at mediatemple, with no sign of slow down.

Comment

Just go with a hostgator shared hosting plan or something.

Originally posted by Discussions View Post
          A dedicated server really wouldn't be needed with 300 users online at a time. It would be a bit overkill when a VPS would be the best route at this time.

I've had 500+ users online with my VPS at mediatemple, with no sign of slow down.

Comment

security also is important too some servers like vps and dedicated you have todo on your own :P but honestly its also the best way to go so if you go vps or dedicated make sure the security on the server is top of the line XD
            | http://foxpawhosting.com
            | http://darkaeongraphic.com
            |

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X