A Question about Memebrs Area login details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question about Memebrs Area login details

the Hosting website is asking me to provide him with my username and password in order to login to the members Area and download the software so he can upload it for me..

is there any problem in giving him that inof ??

Thanks

You are saying your host wants your login information?

Why can you not to the upgrade?
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road View Post
      You are saying your host wants your login information?

Why can you not to the upgrade?
      they want it to just download the software and upload it to me at my website because i'm busy

Comment

Well you shouldn't really give any one your login details - but If you trust them enough then I see no problem.

Regards Jason

Comment

To be honest that sounds a little suspect to me. Unless your hosting services is providing you with installation services too, they shouldnt need to do that at all. Where installation services are concerned, good hosts would ask you to provide them with the vBulletin package, not your member details.

Id personally be weary of handing of my vBulletin member details to anyone, even trustworthy hosts.
          http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

A basic rule of thumb, never hand over your members area login details to anyone. Someone on the VB staff can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't allowing someone else to gain access to your Vbulletin files a breach in the license agreement?

Comment

If it's a rule violation, I violated it. I use SiteGround, and I believe they're fairly reputable. They'll install vBulletin for free if you provide them with login details - just to make sure your not pirating the software.

Comment

The time you used for asking this question, I could've installed 5 vBulletin installations. Busy, not.
                selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Personally, I would not give it to them. If you are having a third-party install the software then you should download it and send them the ZIP file only. You should also have it in writing that they will not install the software elsewhere.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X