vBuletin Blog- Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBuletin Blog- Media

I'd be interested in Vbulletin but only with the blog module. I've looked through the sample blogs and can't see any of them with embedded media- not even pictures.

Question:

1. Does the Vbulletin blog module allow upload (from local PC) and embedding of:
    1. Pictures
    2. Flash video and other video files?

By embed, I mean WYSIWYG, right in the blog post, not an attachment link that can be oponed.

If this multimedia blogging is not currently possible, is it planned?

Thanks.

I can add media to blogs on my site via BBcode

Comment

Ok

I guess that answers my question, which was whether it is possible to embed pictures and movies into the blog post.

The answer is no.

The second question was, is this planned for future versions? Vbulletin staff?

Comment

Actually you can add media to your blog post. Just not intuitively.

First you have to goto your gallery, upload the image, then browse to the image, goto image properties and find the url to the image. Then goto your blog post use BB code to insert your image and that should work.

Hopefully in the future they'll add a popup window in the WYSIWYG editor so that you can easily add, and insert media into your forum and blog posts. Something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby View Post
          Actually you can add media to your blog post. Just not intuitively.

First you have to goto your gallery, upload the image, then browse to the image, goto image properties and find the url to the image. Then goto your blog post use BB code to insert your image and that should work.

Hopefully in the future they'll add a popup window in the WYSIWYG editor so that you can easily add, and insert media into your forum and blog posts. Something like this.

Yes, hopefully. Seeing as the whole point is to give community members a blog, and 99.999% of the human race doesn't know what BB code is (and is used to the simple point and click insertion you describe), this is a major shortcoming. Multimedia blogging is basic these days- at the very least, image upload and insertion.

Any comment from Vbulletin staff on whether this is planned?

Comment