Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Excited About Possibly Moving To vBulletin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Excited About Possibly Moving To vBulletin!

OK, so could you all tell me a couple things?

Question 1:
    I have SMF now, so how will that import over to vBulletin?

Question 2:
    I am using TinyPortal with SMF, to create an interactive front page that is always changing. With article support and some other features, such as pulling some of the newly active posts from the SMF forum into the front page, so that is looks to be constantly changing. (I tried to do this, so that search engines will see my site as a very active site with lots of new information everyday)

Is there a feature, addon, or something that is like this? That I can bridge vBulletin with the front page to create a very active look and feel??

Question 3:
    What would you combine with the forum and front page? Something like Joomla? I have some Joomla Templates I like. HOW would I get the vBulltein to look like my front page? I would like the site to blend together incredibly well. I don't have a lot of money, but I would be willing to pay someone to do this. It doesn't have to be Joomla, I just want something that will integrate really well with vBulletin and create the same look and feel, while still providiing a front page that is constantly changing.

Looking forward to your responses, cuz I would LIKE to do this today.

Thanks so much, Katelynn

1) We have an import tool called ImpEx that will be able to import your SMF community into vBulletin. You can read about it in our online documentation at:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

2 & 3) These are both related. There are a number of integrations available from something simple like vBAdvanced from vbadvanced.com to bridges with Drupal and Joomla at various sites or at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Where would I go to find someone that would be willing to develop my site? I would like to possibly ahve a Joomla CMS integrated with vBulletin. I would like my own look and feel, but like the rocket themes, so possibly using one of those and then setting up a community for me.

If you could point me in the right direction I would be much happy.

Thanks!

Comment

If you want a CMS then joomla would be a good choice however if you just want a nice home page for the forums like the one you have with your SMF, then vbadvanced is the way to go (its a free unofficial addon).

Hope that helps.

Comment

The placce to ask for that kind of help is the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I looked around, on vbulletin.org but could not find a place to hire a developer?

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody, basically I would like something that would integrate a front page with the vBulletin forum, I would like it to look professional, something like joomla integrated with vB would look cool. But I have no idea how to combine the two?

I have templates for Rocket Themes, that I could modify, but is there an easier way to modify the rocket themes to work with vbulletin?

Ideally, to have a cool joomla look and feel, combined with vBulletin grabbing a few posts and posting them on the front page ... and a vBulletin Forum that LOOKS like the front page, same header and footer. I don't know who to turn to for this, or where to look?

Thanks!

Katelynn

Comment

For now you can make a request in the Pre-sales forum at www.vbullein.org. Once you are a licensed customer you can post in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum there.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i suggest vbadvanced

vbadvanced.com

Comment

Originally posted by l SKN l CHRIS View Post
                    i suggest vbadvanced

vbadvanced.com
                    vBAdvanced isn't professional looking, plus it is as blocky as vBulletin.

Joomla would be the best shot, that or Drupal.

Comment

Once I realized how bad vBAdvanced support is, I dropped it. I do get a bit annoyed when I visit a page using vBAdvanced and the only link to their forum is small text with the word "Forum." A link to the main purpose of the site should stand out a little more.

Comment

vBAdvanced isn't professional looking, plus it is as blocky as vBulletin.
                        Right... :?

Comment

So, how do I integrate Joomla and vBulletin??

Comment

I should say, I like the rockettheme "Dimension"

Does it make it easier to know that? Geez, I am not getting any help here on how to go about doing any of this ... am I in the right area?

Comment

We do not provide official support for integrating Joomla with vB. You can try asking over at the vB mod site: www.vbulletin.org

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X