vBulletin Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Customization

Hello, I'm very interested in vBulletin for use on my website and am quite excited at the possibilities that I have seen in the past with popular websites using this software.

My main question is, how scalable is vBulletin in terms of designing your entire site out of it. Are there base templates open to edit to your hearts content? I would like to have my entire site run within vB to avoid the issue of multiple accounts for different sections of my site. I would also like to completely overhaul pages to contain different information.

Goals
    :
    1. Image gallery
    2. File links with categories
    3. User driven ranking features
    4. A news section of the website that is easily updated.
    5. Template pages Containing Header / Footer content but leaving the Body section blank to be modified to your needs.
    6. Possibly the use of plugin's that allow either vB Staff Designed or community user provided easy to install content (ie: image gallery) that has administrative features.
    7. In general scalability to allow as many pages as needed to operate within the vB portion of the website that require the user to be logged in.
    I have tried to keep this short and simple =P not really my style, but I appreciate any and all help in regards to these questions. I believe vB is likely the answer to my needs, as I am designing a fansite that will have download content. It will also have weekly news updates and an image gallery (either community driven or operated by site admins).

Thank you for your time, I've seen good things from vB and if I can hopefully get the answers I need you can expect to have a life time customer.

-IInferno

P.S. I like the look and feel of the forums all around, very efficient and sleek.

Most of what you want to do can be done with vBulletin itself. With some added Modifications from vbulletin.org, you should be able to achieve the rest. What comes to mind from reading your post is the WebTemplates mod. I have used this mod to create pages that draw from the header and footer templates of vB and create a page that is seamless when navigated to and from.
    James

Comment

Thanks very much!

Thanks for the quick reply! Those were the answers I was hoping to find and that link is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be signing up today for this place, it looks like you have an excellent community.

Woohoo! =)

Comment

Originally posted by iinfernogd View Post
        Thanks for the quick reply! Those were the answers I was hoping to find and that link is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be signing up today for this place, it looks like you have an excellent community.

Woohoo! =)
        Ah shucks, we just love the software

Comment

Yes we do. Faithful customers and vBulletin fans we be.
          James

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X