Hi Guys,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys,

I'm highly considering buying a license for your software..First though I have a few questions?

I noticed you are releasing your new version of software which is only in beta testing stage at the moment but I imagine a few months. If I were install latest 3.6.8version and modify it with Arcade, Chat etc, How hard would it be to update to 3.7 when GOLD comes out.. As in would I lose all modifications and theme customization?

I've found a thread on here which relates to a problem I also have at the moment > http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178161
    I'm running phpbb3 on /Forum path...I'm looking to install VB on /board or/forum url path, Would this script work for me? Redirections?

That's all for now..

Thanks Again,

We cannot guarentee custom addons will continue to work with the new release, in fact, they are more than likely to not work. This is because large amount of the code have been changed since the previous version, and so the addon's code may or may not work with the new code anymore.

As far as importing goes, you can install it anywhere you want; if you want it in the same directory as your phpBB, you should install it to a different directory first, then delete your phpBB and move vBulletin into its place when you're sure it is installed and imported properly. There is a special "404.php" which is available for you to redirect your old phpBB links to the new vBulletin URL, so there is no need to worry about people getting lost when coming in from search engines.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
      We cannot guarantee custom addons will continue to work with the new release, in fact, they are more than likely to not work. This is because large amount of the code have been changed since the previous version, and so the addon's code may or may not work with the new code anymore.
      I thought that would be the case, What happens then if I were to update when having addons? Would I just need to install the code again and use the sql tables that were used before update? Would it cause problems?

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
      As far as importing goes, you can install it anywhere you want; if you want it in the same directory as your phpBB, you should install it to a different directory first, then delete your phpBB and move vBulletin into its place when you're sure it is installed and imported properly. There is a special "404.php" which is available for you to redirect your old phpBB links to the new vBulletin URL, so there is no need to worry about people getting lost when coming in from search engines.
      Thanks, That's very good to hear..

Thanks,

Comment

In most minor versions (IE: 3.6.7 => 3.6.8 PL2, for example) you don't need to do anything and it will work automagically. However, because 3.7 is a bigger version change, they may stop working all together, until their developer releases a new version that works with the new version.
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

Hi again Guys,

I've got a problem that I'm trying to sort before I can start using VB..As you know I'm running phpbb and the support i'm getting is rubbish to be honest.

I had a big problem with my database, members + myself kept getting error's after error's when trying to post topics, replys, submit or load anything - not always but 60% of the time.....Also loading speeds were very poor, I've did what I could to fix it looks like its working well again but the only thing is I must have done something else as some member accounts have turned into low id's and are now bots...like googlebot for example..

It looks like I'm going to have to start a fresh database with VB as I dont want to take the risk or having problems after problems with VB in the future, I want to be stable. Though I'm very disappointed as It's like two years are down the pan with posts, topics and users..

I have a backup of the old database where the users were fine..... Is there any way where I could have my users, topics and posts into my new VB board without converting the whole database as I dont care about profiles, settings....

Thanks Again..

Comment

ImpEx should do the trick for you... what kind of problem are you encountering? have you opened a ticket yet? Usually I'd say open a ticket for me and I can help you look into it personally, but I need to head out and take care of a few things today, so I won't be around until later tonight to... oh, what the heck... if you don't mind a little bit wait (maybe.... 7 hours ish from now?) open a ticket for me, and I'll look into this personally for you.

Edit:
            Note: ImpEx does not touch your old database, so keep that in tact... Don't delete your old database from server, and I can start working from there.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

Hi,

I must also make you aware that a mistake I think I made, The Story is as I said to begin with I had old database and was encountering so problems such as General Error's, Not Found, Page's would load or move, very slow loading speeds etc... I requested for support but got nothing I took matters into my own hands as the board was dieing of death, I made a clean install of phpbb into a new database and url-path, I exported the tables that I wanted and thought that was necessary (I have the copy of which tables), I then dropped-deleted the tables into the new install which I exported and then Imported the tables to the new database...

I was then told *because I imported members from a different install into a fresh install by just moving the contents of several tables over, There are simply way too many relationships between tables in phpBB3 for this to work properly. You would need a very very well coded and tested script to attempt something like this.*

I deleted the old forum files and kept the database after testing the new install I made, I set up the new install for everyone to use and It was alot faster, no error's but the only thing I noticed was a member was on a low id and googlebot had taken over that account, use the members account to search etc etc, As it was displaying the members name but it was doing every a bot was...I have only seem to have noticed 3 members being used by bots but I dont know how many there could be - Also one of my admins without my permission deleted the account which was googlebot...

I hope you can help? It would be Much appreciated..

Sorry but where do I open a support ticket for you? in the members area here?

Regards!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X