A couple of questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions...

I see that templates seem to change over versions... Does the main css file change from version to version also, or the way it's processed? Basically, if I edit the css settings, will anything change when I upgrade?

I looked but couldn't find an answer... Is there a simple way of changing all the image links (i.e. Post Reply, Multi-Quote, etc) to css styled text links without going in and editing a bunch of templates? I'd hate to have to do this every time I upgrade.

With all of the plugins/mods, will they work with each other automatically? Or should I assume that installing one will affect others?

Thanks.

When you apply an update to vBulletin, none of your customized settings are overwritten. This applies to templates and CSS. You can compare your existing templates with the new defaults and decide to make the changes or not. CSS itself are a series of special templates that are edited through an unique interface and compiled at page load to be included or stored as a file to be linked within each page according to the options you set.

There is no simply way of changing the images to CSS styled buttons, you would have to edit the individual templates for this. However you can easily override the default images to point to your own images for a specific look and feel.

Most plugins and modifications work together without issue. However since they are introducing new PHP code into the system, there is potential for conflict between two or more mods. This is why our license agreement allows a non-public testing installation. You can apply and test modifications without jeapordizing your live site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X