upgrade from phpbb to VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from phpbb to VB

We are ready to upgrade but have a few questions. I have already talked to my host and they have backups every 24 hours so I think I'm covered there.

My version of phpbb is heavily modded. will this effect the conversion, or does it only pull from the databases?

Currently running php 4.x and mysql 4.027

I see how to change to php 5.1.2 but no way to change php versions. My concern here is weather or not phpbb will work if I make changes to my existing forums like this.

I understand there is a way to install vb and keep it closed to make sure it is all functional... for testing purposes. can I say install in a domain.com/forum2 location make sure its all functioning... then import from "/forum" >> "/forum2" to make sure its all working before deleting the phpbb forums. I dont see why not here.... but can I then in a couple days or weeks simply change the directory name from forum2 back to forum to make it live to my users?

Thank you in advance. I would purchase right now but after hearing from some that there were occassional delays in getting the email after purchasing... I will call in my order and put it on a card tomorrow afternoon.

Hello,

As long as your server meets the following minimum requirements then you can run vBulletin on it:

PHP 4.3.3
    MySQL 4.0.16

Our importer takes information directly from the database. Depending on how modified your existing forums are this is normally quite a straightforward process. We always recommend doing a test import first so that you know what to expect during the actual import process.

You can install vBulletin into a different directory and then change the location of it when you are ready to switch over your live forums to vBulletin.

When paying by card online, the Metacharge credit card option takes a few minutes whereas the Worldpay credit card option can take up to 24 hours to be verified. Once the payment has been completed the license information is issued.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

import

I have installed vb in a new directory, but have setup the new database as 5.0

will there be any issues converting 4.x database to 5.0?

Comment

There should not be any issues doing this.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X