Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zendragon
    replied
    This was the right area when I posted the pre-sales question was it not?

I will post my troubleshooting questions in one of those forums now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please post in the appropriate troubleshooting forum for help.

Leave a comment:

• Zendragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    1 and 2. You'd need to have the old database and be able to restore it, realisticly instead of importing you should just upgrade.
    Unfortunately, we have a half working forum on the new hoster, where users can't reply to post, the search errors out, etc... I would love to get that forum working and upgrade it, but I am just not sure if that will happen.

I did purchase a license, so perhaps we can explore making that old forum work vs creating a new one and trying to get the data from it?
    Last edited by Zendragon; Tue 20 Nov '07, 8:22pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    1 and 2. You'd need to have the old database and be able to restore it, realisticly instead of importing you should just upgrade.

3. Via promotions yes.

4. More than likely, not by default though.

Leave a comment:

• Zendragon
    started a topic Question about V3 before I buy

Question about V3 before I buy

So a couple things, after a nightmare of a time trying to migrate my old V2 VB to a new hoster, I am pretty much set on creating an all new VB forum with a new version. I am wondering about a couple things though.

1. Will it be possible to migrate the member accounts and post counts from the old forum?
    2. What about getting the some of the threads moved over? They can be read only, but I would rather not have to keep the old V2 VB open for archival purpose if I can get the content off of it.
    3. I would like to be able to have certain sections of the forum readable by members with a higher post count as a reward, is this something V3 can do?
    4. We currently have the top 20 threads posted on our mainsite, the script is for V2, so I was wondering if we would be able to do that with V3?

thanks in advance!