This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert YaBB 2.0 to vBulletin?

Is it possible to convert YaBB 2.0 to vBulletin (a largish forum with about 2500 members and 30,000 posts)? Thanks!

Two more questions:

I've read that the professional installation service doesn't include importation of posts, user information, or styles from other forum software. As I'm pretty computer-illiterate, is there anyone else who does offer this service?

Secondly, is it possible to use smilies other than the vBulletin smilies? I use a large number of (often animated) smilies on my current forum, and was wondering if these can be used with vBulletin.

Comment

There is an importer available for YaBB to vBulletin available.

The importer script is very straightforward to use and full support is available through the support system and the support forums.

You can import smilies into vBulletin. These is all done through the Admin Control Panel.
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Thanks !

TBH, I'm too chicken to attempt the conversion myself (besides, YaBB 2.0 isn't listed - only other YaBB versions). I'm not very computer literate, so I'd be too worried about losing all the information (the forum is quite big, and I'd hate to lose any of the posts or members). So there is nobody who offers a conversion service? I've been thinking of using Invision because they can do a custom conversion for me, but the pages seem to be slow to load on Invision and apparently their format is no use for Google indexing.

Are there any freelancers who do this kind of work?

Comment

Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42918
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X