Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight Rider
    replied
    No, its not hard to install, just need to upload some files, configure one file, and run an install script.

Hosting, i recommend hostgator. $9.95 a month, pretty damn decent.

vBulletin is very secure, most very large forums run it. Jelsoft will patch usually within 24 hours of a security threat being found, so any problems can be solved quickly.

You can renew through the members area, and yes through paypal.

Support on this forum and vBulletin.org is free.

Leave a comment:

• SNN
    replied
    1. Depends, do you know how to edit a configuration file/run a install file that does everything for you and how to upload files via ftp and xml via a web client? If so, yes.

2. HostGator

3. As long as you stay up-to-date, such as if theres a patch level released, try updating as soon as you can.

4. Only if you have a license. (Or a mod / admin or a user will post you need to post in the right forum / show your licensed )

5. From the Members area you can click "Renewals / New Purchases" and renew your license.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by SNN; Wed 7 Nov '07, 7:03pm.

Leave a comment:

• Garala
    started a topic . . . Pre-Sales Questions . . .

. . . Pre-Sales Questions . . .

I am interested in Buying vBulletin, and before i do so, I got few questions!

Will it be hard for me to install and install hacks?

Which hosting do you recommend?

I am new to vBulletin and don't know about how to maintain a good security, will I have to worry too much about this even when my forum grows to around 100,000 members? I know there might be many who will be a smart ass try and get through holes some how!

Is Support FREE?

How can I renew the vBulletin, when it times to. Can I do it by paypal?

Thanks a lot!

- Garala
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X