finally at that point... steps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally at that point... steps!!

Hey again everyone, last I logged in was 06 when I was "thinking" of getting VB. Well now it's official so I'm getting my ducks in a row now.

This is what I have as a refresher - phpbb/Nuke forum with fully functioning banners/ad rotation, forum is at the highest I can go with the hacks I have installed. Stability is an issue and security is an issue.

I want to upgrade/convert to VB and retain all user accounts, posts, threads, group permissions, etc....

These are the steps I have in my mind that need to be done.. please correct or add if something is wrong.

1. upload and install VB on server, different path and db
    2. make complete backup of phpbb/nuke forum and db
    3. copy phpbb/nuke db to the new VB server so it's "offline"
    4. setup this test vb forum with??
    5. try the impex stuff with my phpbb db.

as I recall you all told me that impex does not import any Nuke items such as themes, banners, etc. It only imports the php forum that are native to php..as in no add-on parts of the db.

thanks in advance
    C.

This should help a lot

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_planning
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X