downloading v-bulletin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloading v-bulletin question

I'm not sure where to post this or if this makes sense to anyone but I am trying to do this:

Test Your Server
    The vBulletin Server Test Script will tell you if your current webserver is capable of running vBulletin. You can download it by clicking
    here.

I downloaded the file and now what do I do with it to see if it works? I click on it and it asks me which program to open it and nothing happens. I'm a newbie at this and am thinking of purchasing vbulletin for a mommy/baby forum but I can't seem to get this working right and am afraid if I purchase the software then I won't know what to do with it

Please advise. I'm lost!

You need to upload it to your webserver. Do you have a webserver?

Comment

I'm not sure? I use aol? How would I get a webserver for this?

Comment

Okay, after researching a bit more I think I need a website host for vbulletin software to download into? Is that correct? I am paying for vbulletin and then I must pay a fee each month (seperate from vbulletin costs) to actually run the software? Sorry to confuse everyone I just want to make sure I am doing this all correctly.

Comment

hi,

You need a webhosting account that meets vBulletin requirements to run.A shared hosting account will be more then enough to get you started.You will also need a domainname.This is where you install vBulletin and use it...

so the costs are

vBulletin
          webhosting account
          domainname

see this page for things vBulletin requirers to run

that's all you need

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X