Converting my forums to vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting my forums to vbulletin

I have my phpNuke website which is running BB 2 Nuke forums, I would like to convert the forum to vbulletin. Is there any script to do this?

No sorry, we do not have an importer for that. You can see all the available importers here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so you are telling me that I should pay $160 to you guys and forget about my old forum which has 60,000 members?
      I'm not a technical guy so I can't argue as to why you guys can't offer this functionality or why its not possible but I can tell you that this is no way to do business.

Comment

I did not tell you to pay us anything. I simply answered your question honestly.

While I understand our frsuteration there is simply no way that we can write import scripts for every possible BB System there is. As you can see we already have quite a lot of import scripts and it's simply not possible to do everything. Sorry.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was frustrated because your response looked like a copy paste job rather then a personalize message and, seriously, how does your action of posting a list of supported forums helps me?? That just increases my frustration.

Anyways is there like a quick hack or something?? cuz I'm sick of bb 2 nuke and you guys are the best in the business and if you say "we don't have a solution for you", then it essentially mean I'm screwed. Seriously, is there a way that I can just have my registered users and posts migrated to vBulleting. I mean I thought bb 2 nuke was actually phpBB2 so can't the script you guys have for phpBB2 works on bb 2 nuke or should I be asking this in the technical part of your forum..??

Comment

there may not be an official Jelsoft import script for you but you could always pay someone for a custom job

its deffinitally possible

Comment

If this database structure is truly identical to phpBB2, then you can use the phpBB2 importer. If it's not, then it won't work.

I am not familiar with BB 2 Nuke but I suspect if it were identical to phpBB2, then it wouldn't exist as a separate entity. You can always contact BB 2 Nuke and ask them if it's identical or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I found this post while searching for an answer...
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...58&postcount=7

Now I hope what he is saying is true and its possible to do so...

@Chris, any idea how much would this cost??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X