Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Professional Installation

Hi,

I plan to Buy vBulletin before Christmas but I have a few querys that need to be answered?
    • Did you buy the vBulletin Professional Installation with your package of vBulletin?
    • If you didn't was it easy to install without the Professional Installation?
    • If you didn't how long did it take to setup?
    • If you did buy vB Professional Installation how long did it take to setup and was it worthit for the extra money?
    Also do you update your copy of vBulletin? Or do you leave it and keep it the way it is? Also what is covered in the Updates Package?

Installing vBulletin software is relatively painless nowadays...

I haven't as yet used the professional install.

Once you figure out what to alter in the config.php file it's relatively easy.

Allocate a hour or two for the downloading and uploading of the files onto your server, and set aside a good day for the tweaking.

I have several forums and have noticed that the ones I keep closest up-to-date are the easiest to update! Ought to mention I'm considering the professional update service for a few of the older sites!

If you are using a good hosting company they can probably help you with linking the database username and password stuff!

Comment

How much extra is the Professional Installation?

Thanks,

Comment

$135 so about 65

Comment

Ouch! Thats quite alot bearing in mind the license is 90! Would you buy it? Bearing in mind better Safe than sorry,

Comment

You can always order the professional installation later on if you have trouble. Support via ticket and the forum is always free. Its really simple, so I would recommend trying it yourself first.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Ye so if I order it after I muck it up what would happen?

Comment

If it's a new forum with no members or posts I guess you could simply delete all the files on the server and start again!

Comment

Ye well you have to delete the Installation File, So.. but Reeve really if I mucked it up vB would correct it. If so well I may aswell take the risk then lol!

Comment

It would be pretty hard to muck the install up. I

You edit a config file and add your databse name, username, and password. Then you point your brower to the install file and the click continue a dozen times and bingo, new forum.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I know but if I did muckit up can I download vB as many times as I like as long as I DELETE all the files/overwrite them and start again? Also would vB do it for me after purchase of vBulletin Owned License if I deleted the vB Files off of my pc and my server after I mucked it up? If I paid for the vB Professional Installation after mucking it up?
                      Last edited by Marcus-VS; Thu 25th Oct '07, 2:30pm.

Comment

Yes, you can redownload vB. I encourage you to at least try to install it yourself. Best case you save yourself some money and learn something. Worst case you can always purchase the installation service later if you really need it.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can easily do it yourself (pretty easy stuff) or ask some one else to do it for less than that amount.

Comment

Try to do it by your self it will be easy and good experience

Comment

I installed it myself for the first time a few months ago. The documentation was very good and is basically step by step. They almost hold your hand along the way. I vote for trying it yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X