Maybe Jumped the Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Jumped the Gun

I may have jumped the gun a little too soon...not sure. The thing is I have GoDaddy for my hosting. I had bought VB in hopes of getting my forum up and running. While looking around I found the vb test. It will not work with them. Now I am in search for a reasonably priced host to get the site up. Any suggestions as to where to look?

Good starting points:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You could always try hostmonster for a good host

Comment

vBulletin works on GoDaddy's linux based hosting. It may not be the best solution out there but it does work.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Ok now maybe I should explain something else. Could it be that since I have a windows hosting acct that is where my problem is? What is the difference between Linux and windows? I was thinking that it meant the type of system I was using. Now I feel like a real doof.

Comment

GoDaddy doesn't support PHP and MySQL on all of their Windows Hosting Options. vBulletin requires PHP and MySQL more so than any operating system. You could simply contact GoDaddy and have them move your account to a Linux machine with PHP and MySQL support.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne for that info. I contacted their support (which is fast by the way). They changed it over. Now I just need to wait for it to be updated. Hopefully all this will be worth it as far as them being a good host. Now I hope I uploaded everything correctly...shall see soon. Again thanks for all of your help.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X