Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l SKN l CHRIS
    replied
    Theres not an official Jelsoft portal ADD-ON but there is vBadvanced a popular and highly functionable solution. See here -

http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...fo&productid=4

Leave a comment:

• Horness
    replied
    Thanks for the replies.

I'll do some reading on the Impex script, and then get my wallet ready.

I think this will be easier than the phpBB V3 upgrade and re-applying the mods - plus I'll be setup with a package which has most of my mods built in.

Is there a portal add-on for VB?

Horness

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    Thanks, I will probably need some guidance.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by gibby View Post
    Thanks. If you don't mind, I may pm you with some more specific questions once I do get around to purchasing and converting.
    Once you have purchased you can post in the import forum to ask for help and guidance, there is also a howto and manual.

RC5 is supported.

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    Thanks. If you don't mind, I may pm you with some more specific questions once I do get around to purchasing and converting.

Leave a comment:

• class101
    replied
    1. Dunno yet for sure because my forum is still closed yet but I have planned to mass email the members with a link to the reset password prompt, that should'nt be a big problem no

2. It just copy from the source database to the destination database the values its recognize and you can survey each steps if there is value not beeing imported succesfully etc

3. avatars arent imported they will have to upload new one, forgot to mention this sorry

4. yeah you'll have to setup permissions again but you'll see , the vbb system isnt comparable to the phpbb one, you can setup permissions so much fastly

You can start new one enough fastly , you'll see that's amazing all customizations you can do only from the admincp, I like vbulletin cos you don't have to edit php files even with mods , where phpbb was a crusade to install and maintain all mods. I'm sure if you want to give a try to vB, you 'll simply love it cos when I love something I feel happy to post in their forum hehe

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    Originally posted by class101 View Post
    Like you I was on phpbb 2.0.22(no problems) , moved to phpbb3 (have been hacked lol), moved to vB, I have just lost passwords.
    You can check here for detailed things wich will be imported from your bb3
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump

"mine was a phpbb3 rc2 and the rc5 impex script still succesfully imported it"
    This is what I am considering too. I am running RC5. I have some questions about that conversion.

1. Is the lost passwords a problem?
    2. How does the Impex work with larger databases on servers with limits?
    3. What happens to avatars? Do users just have to upload new ones?
    4. Do you have to reset permissions, etc.?

Also, a general Vbulletin question. If the conversion totally bombs for whatever reason, how hard is it to start over with a blank board? I don't know what limitations the license has for uploading fresh copies to start new on the same domain.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• class101
    replied
    Like you I was on phpbb 2.0.22(no problems) , moved to phpbb3 (have been hacked lol), moved to vB, I have just lost passwords.
    You can check here for detailed things wich will be imported from your bb3
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_module_dump

"mine was a phpbb3 rc2 and the rc5 impex script still succesfully imported it"

Leave a comment:

• StrongMotive
    replied
    Yes the Impex script will run smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• Horness
    started a topic phpBB V2 to VB instead of phpBB V3

phpBB V2 to VB instead of phpBB V3

My main forum (www.KeepBritainShooting.org) is running phpBB 2.0.22 with mods for a calendar, chat, and blank page, as well as Coppermine gallery with the phpBB bridge to get the usernames etc., as well as a full "green" theme to make it all blend in.

phpBB fit my needs early on, and I enjoyed learning php etc. as I went to do the mods. Now with phpBB v3 looming, I'm considering switching over to VB, rather than spending time/effort going to phpBB V3.

Ignoring the mods and gallery (which was used to overcome attachment/image limitations in phpBB) - how easy is it to migrate to VB?
    I have run the test script on my server, and get a "Pass", but I want a smooth migration, user accounts, topics etc. all moved over to VB with as little fuss as possible.

Any help/advice appreciated, and if you know of any VB theme which looks similar to the one I'm using, let me know.

Thanks
    Horness
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X