X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings, i want to buy a Vbullentin right now

I don't have a host, do i need one?

I am making a site through blogspot.com and want blogspot to be the main page and vbullentin to be the community/forum of the home page

How can i do this?

Yes you do need a webhost, I'm not suire if you can use blogspot and vBulletin together quite like that.

Comment

Yes, you need a host. If you are just starting then a low end host like hostgator will work fine.

I would download wordpress, upload it to your new server and then have it as the main index. Then you will want to have vBulletin in the forum directory. After that, there was a wordpress/vbulletin bridge available over at vbulletin.org - I am not sure if it still works or not though.

Comment

Yes, You need a host with these requirements on the server:

Minimum System Requirements
        A webserver with PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16 installed

Recommended System Requirements
        PHP 4.4.2 or 5.1.2 or later
        MySQL 5.0.19 or later.

Space required

With vBulletin there are 2 different types of disk space usage:
        • Web space - For the PHP scripts and images of vBulletin.
        • MySQL database space - Which is separate from Web space, and you need to make sure your host gives you enough space in that department.

Once you have a host and ready to purchase you may go to this link: https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

And Continue with the purchase.

By the way this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.phpt=181384

Has a "Test" File that you can Up-Load to your server which it will tell you if it is compatable or not.

Also Any manuels can be found on this page for further help or just to see how to install:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/

Good-Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Discussions View Post
          Yes, you need a host. If you are just starting then a low end host like hostgator will work fine.

I would download wordpress, upload it to your new server and then have it as the main index. Then you will want to have vBulletin in the forum directory. After that, there was a wordpress/vbulletin bridge available over at vbulletin.org - I am not sure if it still works or not though.
          how do u go about hookin up with a host...like i know absolutly nothign about computers

Comment

You can go to http://hostgator.com (as one instance of a fairly cheap and reliable host) click on the plan you want, purchase it. They accept paypal, checks/money order and credit cards.

Once you have your server and decide to purchase vBulletin - if you have problems installing the software then Jelsoft can offer an installation service which will run you....what is it? $120?

Comment

What host sites would you guys reccomend?

im checking out hostgator now

Comment

I had Bluehost They were rated #1 they have alot of features. If your intrested there web site is: www.bluehost.com

Comment

Thanks

so if i buy a host can i just use that host to have the vbullentin forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ThaHed View Post
                    Thanks

so if i buy a host can i just use that host to have the vbullentin forum?
                    If you buy a host with one of the two recommended above, or another that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements then you should be fine for the time being.

The host themselves will not be able to supply vBulletin to you, although most will have CPanel and will offer one click installs of some of the more popular free forum software.

I would purchase the hosting first and then grab the vBulletin license second. You really can't go wrong with purchasing a vBulletin license for technically it is the best forum software available when you compare feature to feature, speed, and the vbulletin.org community versus another forum mod community.

Comment

Originally posted by Discussions View Post
                      If you buy a host with one of the two recommended above, or another that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements then you should be fine for the time being.

The host themselves will not be able to supply vBulletin to you, although most will have CPanel and will offer one click installs of some of the more popular free forum software.

I would purchase the hosting first and then grab the vBulletin license second. You really can't go wrong with purchasing a vBulletin license for technically it is the best forum software available when you compare feature to feature, speed, and the vbulletin.org community versus another forum mod community.
                      I hear you, alright im gonna to purchase a host soon

Comment

I need to purchase one

Comment

Yes, the host i would reccoment is is "hostgator" or "bluehost" there cheap and reliable.

Also, no.. you can NOT have them on the same frame.
                          But you can have a live link NAV bar that when they click "forum" persay, it will direct them to your forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X