Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian package or package-repository support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian package or package-repository support?

Does vBulletin offer Debian package or package-repository support as per this discussion:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=160743

?

No, we do not... You can download the software as a zip or tar.gz package. vBulletin is not an executable application in the traditional sense. It relies on your web root directory to installed and this is changed on many systems from the default. Many of our customers do not have access to the package support systems on their servers either.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

i hope that "executable application" is easier to understand than "application-based" ... lol

oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

because of the way .deb's are made, and the way vBulletin's downloads are made... it would be quite a Pain to make... depending on how it was done. It certainly wouldn't be possible to put into an apt-gettable archive (for security reasons and the fact that some stuff is synamically generated on download, so the .deb would be different for each user)

[edit]It might however, be easy to make a script that'll turn the download into a .deb for you ...[/edit]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X