Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Licence

Hi,
    I already have 3 licenses with you and am interested in buying a 4th. However, this forth licence will need to be configured in a special way and I don't even know if some configuration options are possible.

How can I try out this 4th license to be sure before committing funds? Or else can you guarantee a refund if it is not the right solution?

Many thanks,

Tim

simple... as you already have 3 licenses, you can login on vbulletin.org and request for these customizations... in the Paid Service Request forum... if you have answers, you will know the values of it... then buy your next license.
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by timinrome View Post
      Hi,
      I already have 3 licenses with you and am interested in buying a 4th. However, this forth licence will need to be configured in a special way and I don't even know if some configuration options are possible.

How can I try out this 4th license to be sure before committing funds? Or else can you guarantee a refund if it is not the right solution?

Many thanks,

Tim
      With either one of your three licenses you can run a test board and test from there.
      The license agreement allows you one live board and one test board per license, the test forum must be in a folder called /testvb/ and password protected.

Comment

Excellent! So this test board can be on a different website/server?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103150

Comment

Now I'm confused. SNN says I can run a test forum, not public ( that's fine) and my question is if it can be on a different domain (but the same server) which, incidentally, is also private i.e. not yet in the public domain (it's also password protected).

If everything works out, we buy another licence.

Comment

the goal of having it tagged as /testvb/ is that the callback system will automatically know you are testing and will not panic right away...

you can start the test site in any subdomain of the domain you are having the license, if it is 100% locked without members, and IF you notify the guys in a ticket support, when they are contacting you....

btw, if you test only for an hour or a day, this will never bring you problems...
              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

OK, so I'm back to my original problem. I want to see if vB will configure correctly, in test mode, for a new website on a new domain. And that doesn't seem possible with the license agreement you have.

That's a shame...

Comment

Does it specificly need to be on a specific domain? Is there any reason you cannot test it out in a local enviroment?

Comment

You can put it on a different domain. However, it MUST be in the /testvb/ directory (and password protected) so that it doesn't set off the anti-piracy alarm for us
                    Best Regards,
                    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Does it specificly need to be on a specific domain? Is there any reason you cannot test it out in a local enviroment?
                      Thanks Andy and Zachery,

Yes, it does need to be a different domain because I am using a CMS there which can be customised to integrate with vBulletin. For example, here is one of my existing licences integrated into my CMS:
                      http://www.romevillage.com/forums/index.php

For the new website, the whole domain will be password protected. Will that fulfil your criteria?

How do I get hold of a test vB instance? Although my licenses are owned, I believe the support has expired.

Tim

Comment

You'll still have download access with an expired owned license.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X