Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 domains same content

I have a question

Is it possible to run vbulletin on 2 different domain names with the same content (database) but different logo and website title?

Of course i will pay for 2 licenses if this can be done!

I read from a mod at vbulletin.org that can do that. You also can redirect your second domain to a sub-forum, and there you can customize everything you want. Afaik you don't need 2 licenses.
    Last edited by Hossie; Mon 15 Oct '07, 9:36am.

Comment

read this

Comment

Yes you can, the best way to do it is if you use the same host and you use the same database details for both (will connect to the same db and get live content from both) - that's what I did in the past anyway. I guess if you want to use 2 different host's and the same content then the host would have to unblock the mysql port and set it up for for you

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
          There's for istances, he want to run only one forum that showing on two hosts, I believe this is only one istance, one installation, all address redirect to the same board.

Comment

To put it simple:

One license permits the use of:

1 vBulletin database
            1 Set of vBulletin files

However, if you modify your files and database to the extent that they can be used for two totally separate, unrelated websites, I believe you'd then require two licenses. Irrespective of the fact that you'd only be using one database and one set of files.

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
              To put it simple:

One license permits the use of:

1 vBulletin database
              1 Set of vBulletin files

However, if you modify your files and database to the extent that they can be used for two totally separate, unrelated websites, I believe you'd then require two licenses. Irrespective of the fact that you'd only be using one database and one set of files.
              Yes

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X