License Terms Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Terms Question

I'm writing a plug-in for vbulletin that communicates with other vbulletins.

The only thing is, to test it, I need to install it on a bunch of machines, which are all technically publicly available on the net. The sites, however, will only be temporary and will not have actual users/content and will not be promoted (so it's unlikely anyone will see them).

The thing is, they have to be live on the internet for a few months.

If I own a single license (for a site that is actually being used), can I do this within the license terms (or can I request special permission)?

I really don't want to buy like 5 licenses for sites that no one is going to use but me.

Thanks.

You would be allowed to run one test site at a time.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.

I actually own 2 licenses so I suppose I can do 2 test sites. That'll probably do. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, one test site per license.

Since you are a license owner, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X