Purchasing Used License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing Used License

If I purchase a second hand used license will I have access to the member download area?

Depends if the license is legit.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Not all licenses are eligible for transfer.

Please note that when you get a license from an unofficial source, you assume all risks, including the possibility that this license could be phony or charged back and revoked. You should read this article:

[Article] Be smart! Avoid piracy, fraud and fake sales.
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To confirm, does the original owner of the license have a set number of days to charge back? Is this synonymous with someone returning a product?

So if I purchase a used license, I will be able to use my current vBulletin username and password to access the member area?

Comment

I have seen people charge back purchases over 6 months old.

I strongly recommend not purchasing a used license but if you do, then you will assume all risks.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Chargeback[wikipedia] is not the same as refund. It is a right given to card holders in case companies perform illegal activities such as swipe your card twice during a transaction to bill you twice, or alike.

However, in context of buying a vbulletin license second hand, it usually means the person trying to sell you the license second hand may claim "fraud" against us, and force bank to take what they've paid us back. Unfortunately, since the licensing fee they've paid us for licensing is taken away from us, we must revoke the license sold -- which may have been transferred to you.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

If I purchase a used license, does the original owner of the license have to e-mail [email protected] to transfer the license to my name? How will I will be able to access the member area with my own current vBulletin username and password?

Comment

They will need to open a support ticket in their member's area to request the transfer. We will ask the original owner a few details and once confirmed, we will contact you with more details
                Best Regards,
                Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X