Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube type of question

Hey there,

Quick question. I have read through the forums and found people who were able to get YouTube to post in vBulletin forum by using some sort of [youtube] tag. I signed up for the demo, and I swear I follow the directions correctly, and it doesn't work under the admin options when you can click on Test bbCode. And "yes" i did turn on HTML code. That is just one question.

2nd Question, and most important one. I have an internal website within my company, the website is basically YouTube, looks like youTube, gives the URL and EMBED options like YouTube does. Now if I setup vBulletin on our internal site, will I be able to use those embed options for the forum posts to get video on a posting? (So i'm basically asking if I can use the Embed code from a youTube knock-off site on the forum using the Embed tags?)

Thank you in advance. I'm trying to sell the idea to my boss.

-k

hi,

That is not possible without modifying the original code.In the admindemo section that's an out of the box vBulletin you can't install any mods there.Todo what you want you need a mod and there are about a dozen of them who claim they can do something like that over at www.vbulletin.org you will however only be able to see them once you are licenced

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
      hi,

That is not possible without modifying the original code.In the admindemo section that's an out of the box vBulletin you can't install any mods there.Todo what you want you need a mod and there are about a dozen of them who claim they can do something like that over at www.vbulletin.org you will however only be able to see them once you are licenced
      So it is possible then right? Do the add-on's cost any money?
      (I would just hate to purchase something, give it to developer, and pay them to set everything up, and find out that it doesn't connect to our Video site that is just like youTube.)

Comment

no man if u have owner license of vbulletin.com u can go to vbulletin.org that this site is official for add-ons hack, styles but if u have the license owner
        CMGU ll Owned
        Page of vBsuport in Spanish: ForovBulletin
        Entertainment Muzik Videos: AdictMuzik

Comment

You can acccess vBulletin.com/org with a license, some addons may cost money, some are free.

Both of what you want is possible with bbcode, just the bbcode you want is not builtin by default, but its fairly easy to add.

Comment

It's possible with BBcode and the instructions over at Vbulletin.org that work well.

Would it be possible for it to be in in the message posting interface by default in future versions? MySpace video would be another good button to have, both are quite huge networks used by many.
            Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
            Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment