Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobish Question

Hello Vbulletin users,

I am currently running PHPBB not sure what version. I have my finger on the purchase button to buy the Vbulletin software but am curious to see if anyone was in the similiar situation.

I am trying to save all users/posts and hopefully PMs by converting my phpbb board to vbulletin. Is this a easy process? I have read some threads regarding the above but the person that set up my phpbb forum is no longer involved and I am trying to see if this is upgrade is possible with little experience in databases.

2. Do you convert first or do you install the software to the server and then convert. Kinda which came first the chicken or the egg question.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate ya'lls patience.

1. Yes, we have an import script for phpBB. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb2

2. You install vB and Impex first, then run the importer.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have made the back up of my message board but it made the back up into a .txt file...is this the correct format?

Thanks again for the quick response

Comment

No, you need to have an active phpBB database for the import to work. If that is a backup of the database, then you would need to restore it to a new db on the same server as vB.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

This was my error I received while running the test....anyone ran into this problem?

Comment

It means your connection details are incorrect. You'll need to contact your host about this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X