LastPost block and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LastPost block and more

I can't figure out why can't I post in the "How Do I" forum, so i tam posting here (I hope that's OK).
    I have a site (using WebSpell on it, I know it sucks but please don't judge. And it does not even matter in this case what script I am using). So.. the Forum built in the site sux. So I want to use vBulletin in there. There is a "LastPost" block in the site that shows the last posted messages preview and the name of the topic and more in it. So I was wondering if I could somehow put in the block that will show last posts made in vB(is there any addon or something?). The forum itself I biult in through the iframe into one of the pages.
    One more question. I would like to make my visitors to register only once, and to log in only once on the Site and the Forum(is this even possible, I saw some scripts integrate themselves into other scripts making the already said possible.).
    P.S. Had some more questions in mind but forgot them whle tpying these

edit: just remembered another question I read about the humanizer plugin for phpBB that asks a simple to answer question while reistering to verify the "humanity". It is very importand for me as I get to much spam on the forum. Obviosly the "Image Verification" does not work. By the way is there any plugin/mod for vB to alter the "Image Verification", I mean the one that does not show the standart rendered images but the one that shows another images that are not "recognizable" by the "machine"

Thanks in advance.
    Regards, Rebrain
    Last edited by rebrain; Tue 25th Sep '07, 9:21am.

Moved to Pre-sales forum.

1. You can do that with vB bbut it will require custom coding.

2. Yes, you can an extra question to the registration to prevent bot registrations:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205214

3. The captcha in vB is very strong when the correct settings are applied and no machine has been able to crack it yet to my knowledge.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X