Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are security updates free after license has expired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically:
    $60 is not a year; its 14 or more months.
    $40 is a year, or to be more precisely put: 12 months and 59 days.

Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Warner View Post
      Expensive? Are you kidding me? In the grand scheme of things, it is practically given away. $60 a year is $5 a month, i.e. $0.16 a day. Is that really that expensive?
      Compared to the competition is - IPB's security updates are always free.

Comment

Almost all security patches are released for free. Only ones that require updating of most of the package (say 3.6.10) require member area access. And if you have an owned license, you always have access. If you have a leased, you have to pay for it each time.

Comment

Originally posted by 001 View Post
          Compared to the competition is - IPB's security updates are always free.
          Great, but then you are using IPB, not vBulletin. I know what I would rather use.
          Mike Warner
          MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Comment

There has only been one security update for vbulletin that I can remember that was not free to license holders.
            www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

Great, but then you are using IPB, not vBulletin. I know what I would rather use.
              Me Two ..

Comment

In fact I would probably use UBB.

Comment

Originally posted by copiertalk View Post
                  There has only been one security update for vbulletin that I can remember that was not free to license holders.
                  Yes but it also locks you from using all future security updates, so it's actually not only one.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X