This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• private forums

Hi, I'm interested in a forum software package where I can create several, indpendent private forums, which would not even be viewable to the subscriber till they've logged in. I see how I can set this up primarily, but can't see how to do the following:

Forum 1 (private)
    Forum 2 (private)
    user 1 - can only see Forum 1 after logging in
    user 2 - can only see Forum 2 after logging in

Is this possible with vb? If not, any suggestions on how/what I can use to achieve this?

Yes that's possible

Comment

right!

I figured it out just now, thanks for the post. However, I have forum 1 and forum 2 setup and group 1 and group 2 assigned respectively, and then add a forum 3 and group 3, that group 3 is by default assigned access to forum 1 and forum 2. Is there an easier way to not have that (auto assigning) happen rather than going through each forum and un-assigning group 3 from forum 1 and forum 2?

Comment

Originally posted by boody View Post
        I figured it out just now, thanks for the post. However, I have forum 1 and forum 2 setup and group 1 and group 2 assigned respectively, and then add a forum 3 and group 3, that group 3 is by default assigned access to forum 1 and forum 2. Is there an easier way to not have that (auto assigning) happen rather than going through each forum and un-assigning group 3 from forum 1 and forum 2?
        You cannot receive support in this forum. You must go into the "How Do I" forum of your vBulletin version (3.6, 3.5, 3.0, or 2.x). If you cannot access the area, aka it shows in error, then please validate your license. There is information at the top of this forum (next to the logo) how to do this.

This is so that pirating people cannot receive support. This is not claiming you to be one, but it just a protective shield. If you aren't a pirate, you should be able to access those boards after validation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X