Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing a new VBulletin license, do I have to pay for brand free again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a new VBulletin license, do I have to pay for brand free again?

Hi,
    I recently purchased and installed VBulleting on my site and it is running a dream. The ability to have public and private forums is fantastic, I am still learning my way through VBulletin but so far, I love it!!!!

Anyway....

I intend to install another licensed version on a new site I am working on. I know I have to buy a new license, but do I have to pay (again) for the VBulletin Branding to be removed. I hope not, its a lot of wedge

Thanks in advance for the support.
    TED
    The Expat Directory
    Free Business Webs

Yes you do. The branding free option is per license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve,
      I thought this would be the case but wanted to check first.
      TED
      The Expat Directory
      Free Business Webs

Comment

Each license requires their own branding free, may you wish to remove the branding from the footer.

Each license only requires one purchase for the branding free. It doens't have to be renewed.

Comment

Thanks Floris,
          I will be buying the second VBulletin today. No Christmas Presents for the kids this year lol
          TED
          The Expat Directory
          Free Business Webs

Comment

Originally posted by TheExpatDirector View Post
            Thanks Floris,
            I will be buying the second VBulletin today. No Christmas Presents for the kids this year lol
            Nope, but an early Christmas for the folks at Jelsoft
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I have set up a test forum on another site using a download from my existing licence.
              (Not live & no links to it.)
              I am testing a conversion with impex. Can I purchase a licence for this site using whats alredy uploaded or do I need to download & upload vBulletin again with a new licence.
              Last edited by Beller; Sat 22nd Sep '07, 2:40am.
              Boards IrEland
              TopLists-add your site

Comment

You should probably use the scripts and xml only downloads and just overwrite what's already there to update it, the data can stay the same as far as I know. If not you can always use ImpEx to import from one to the other.

Regarding your test site, as per the license agreement the conditions state that it must be in a folder called testvb and must be either password protected or not accessible to anyone else by any means of restriction that are not part of vBulletin.
                http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Nope, but an early Christmas for the folks at Jelsoft
                  lol

An early Christmas for me too. Since I started using VBulletin just a few weeks ago, my user numbers have gone through the roof (even though I only have a few members who mainly join to check our the job section).

My original site is built on HTML but I have found that I can move a lot of the content into VBulletin and deliver it this way. I have had a lot of positive response from my users as they now feel 'involved' with the forum site. I think that I will eventually use VBulletin for most of the site with just a few specailist areas run outside the forums.

VBulletin is dynamic but simple, I love it.

The kids will survive christmas...we can play police cars, simply give them an empty toilet roll each and get them to shout 'der-der' through it very loudly! Who needs a Wii Eh?
                  TED
                  The Expat Directory
                  Free Business Webs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X