X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i ordered this software , can i put more than 1 on 1 domain

hello ,

if i bought this order for the domain as example : example.com
    can i put the forum in example.com/forum , example.com/vb , example.com/forums

with 1 order , or i have to order new order for each link
    ( they all are under 1 domain and 1 database )

, waitint for replay

Each instance of vBulletin requires a separate license.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      Each instance of vBulletin requires a separate license.
      I think he's unclear about what an "instance" is.

As I understand if, if example.com/forum, example.com/forums, and example.com/vb all point to THE SAME FORUM - this is covered under one license, even if the front page at each path emphasises different forum content, provided all the posts accessible at any one path are accessible under all of the others. Is this accurate?

If so, perhaps the clearest way to put this might be to say that each separate copy of config.php requires its own license. If vBulletin is accessible through twelve different paths but uses only one config.php, it would necessarily be accessing the same database with the same credentials and recognising the same users and showing the same posts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by xslider View Post
        hello ,

if i bought this order for the domain as example : example.com
        can i put the forum in example.com/forum , example.com/vb , example.com/forums

with 1 order , or i have to order new order for each link
        ( they all are under 1 domain and 1 database )

, waitint for replay
        Why would you place multiple forums that all use the same database?
        Why not redirect certain directories to the same location?

Comment

Originally posted by CDarklock View Post
          I think he's unclear about what an "instance" is.

As I understand if, if example.com/forum, example.com/forums, and example.com/vb all point to THE SAME FORUM - this is covered under one license, even if the front page at each path emphasises different forum content, provided all the posts accessible at any one path are accessible under all of the others. Is this accurate?

If so, perhaps the clearest way to put this might be to say that each separate copy of config.php requires its own license. If vBulletin is accessible through twelve different paths but uses only one config.php, it would necessarily be accessing the same database with the same credentials and recognising the same users and showing the same posts, right?
          wrong ....

example.com and example.com/forums if both have EXACTELY the same content then it's ok with one licence all other cases are not ok ...

license agreement
          read this

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X