Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous forum

Hi

Can I set up the forum so that no one except the people who have logged in can see what it is about (e.g. the log in screen doesn´t contain any information about the latest posts, section headings, logged in members etc).

If yes can this be done in the admin panel or do I have to change code?

Thanks

Peter

It can be done with forum-permissions.
    Just set it so that the usergroup Unregistered / Not logged in can't view the forum.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

THe stupiest thing someone can do.HOw do you suggest google spiders see your site ?!U think they are gonna register ?Hahaha

Comment

Thanks for that intelligent input.

Comment

Not everyone is looking for that spider-fame. There can be a number of reasons for needing a truly anonymous forum. There's nothing stupid about that.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by BaHyXuH View Post
            THe stupiest thing someone can do.HOw do you suggest google spiders see your site ?!U think they are gonna register ?Hahaha
            I do not want the spiders to see my site. I only want the people I invite to the forum to see it and nobody else. If I want to expand the number of users I want to invite them myself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X