X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHOwner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ledi View Post
    I agree with you fusion, but i made that being a living forum. Do i have to pay for my own work ?
    How can we make that decision? All that can be bought here is a license. If he already gave everything but the license to you, then you could just purchase the license here.

The extra £320 would be the price of the site, apparently. That means, the ownership rights, domain, server contents, etc. If you feel he is cheating you, comfront him. However, this issue between you two is nothing we can do. Possibly talk him into compensation for you work or so?

For future reference, you should have things in paper. he can resell a license at any price.

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    I can't say what that forum is or isn't worth. I just pointed it out.
    Ofcourse, you are free to get your own license from here and start your own separate forum.

Leave a comment:

• Ledi
    replied
    I agree with you fusion, but i made that being a living forum. Do i have to pay for my own work ?

Leave a comment:

• Fusion
    replied
    Well, if he's selling a live forum, it may be worth much more than the cost of the forum-software.

Note the following from the license agreement regarding transfers:
    Jelsoft may, at its discretion, allow you to transfer your Software license to another party, providing the license:
    • has not already been transferred in the previous 12 months; and
    • was purchased more than 3 months in the past.
    • is an active owned license

Please note, leased licenses are not eligible for transfer

Your friend has to open a support ticket and request the transfer. If it is granted you will recieve an e-mail with new customer information.

Leave a comment:

• Ledi
    replied
    Yes, he owns a VBulletin forum, and yes he is selling the license to me(tomorrow i will have the last response about the price). But it looks as a lie to me after i read all the information for owning a licence on this forum. I administrated his forum for more than 10 months. Because he does not have time, i told him to sell it to me. Now i don't know what i should do to have this forum onto my name.. Do i have to make a new license? (I don't know why he told me that that license is for ever and you can not renue it) I am going to talk to him tomorrow and i will let you know..

Thank you all for your help.

I appreciated it.
    Last edited by Ledi; Fri 31 Aug '07, 4:36pm.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Perhaps there's also branding free option -- option to allow him to legally remove copyright messages on the forum -- purchased, which costs $120 USD (approx £60).

The $30 renewal fee is optional, and does not have to be paid for as long as you do not need newer versions. So if he's happy with where his forums are today, it would likely be that he chose to not pay for this renewal fee anymore... Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• GHOwner
    replied
    Also, remember that owning a forum isn't necessarily easy. You should know basic HTML and server management at the least. Of course vBulletin will help you, when you've verified active license ownership, with the basics of managing the board.

Leave a comment:

• GHOwner
    replied
    Originally posted by Ledi View Post
    Ok, i understand it.

Now i will explain to you why i have asked here.

My friend told me that he does have the license for his forum and that cost around 400 pound and you will not pay again for the license.

So in other words, i wanted to have his forum, but when i read the information at VBulletin i think that he is lying at me.

I do not now.. what should i do..
    Does he have vBulletin or another type of forum? Maybe he meant all the things he did to his forum (Custom style? Custom coding? Unbranded? etc?) ended up to be £400? There are two types of licenses, each ot match the needs and pockets of potential and veteran customers.

Also, if you are purchasing the forum from him, it will always cost more. vBulletin just provides the software, where as your friend has developed a forum (I believe) and thus labor was done to it. If he is only selling you his license, then I believe you should just purchase here.

The Leased license allows for one installment of the software for a whole year. Once a year is up, you must renew the license or your license will become invalid and thus you cannot run the software legally.

To purchase this license, it'll cost $85 (or approx. £42.14). To renew, it'll cost the same as a new leased license.

The Owned license allows for one installment of the software, of which you can run without a time limit. Meaning, you DO NOT have to renew the license in order to continue using vBulletin software. However, you will onyl have a year access with updates/support.

To purchase this license, it'll cost $160 (or approx. £79.32) and includes a free year of updates/support. To renew, it'll cost $30/year (or approx. £14.87)

I hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Ledi
    replied
    Ok, i understand it.

Now i will explain to you why i have asked here.

My friend told me that he does have the license for his forum and that cost around 400 pound and you will not pay again for the license.

So in other words, i wanted to have his forum, but when i read the information at VBulletin i think that he is lying at me.

I do not now.. what should i do..

Leave a comment:

• Asvin
    replied
    What's there to be specific? There are two types of licenses... One is an owned license... With that you can download new versions of vbulletin every year without any extra payments and you can stay licensed for life.. You will have to pay 30 dollars every year to access premium mods,skins,etc.. The other license is a leased license.. For that, you will have to pay 85 dollars and it will last only for one year.. You would have to update it with another 85 dollars for the license and 30 dollars for premium access or you can upgrade your account to an owned license by paying an extra 85 dollars and continuing thereforth with 160 dollars a year...

Leave a comment:

• Ledi
    started a topic What should i do?

What should i do?

Hello. My name is Ledi. I like so much to open my own forum. I would like to know how much it will cost to get the license for VBulletin?

I saw a theam here that it will cost around 160 $ but i would like to be more specifik about this. Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Ledi
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X