vBulletin License?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin License?

ok so i dont own a vbulletin license but my friend does, but the thing is, i look after his site because he doesnt have much time on his hands. I use the ftp and the admincp, the only problem is i cannot download any mods for the site because i am not the person that owns the license, i have tried asking my friend to sign up etc but he's away on vacation and can do nothing whilst away from his computer. i know his webmaster email but not the password. i was just wondering if there is a way i can use mods whilst he's away?

Nope. He would have to add your email address to the Priority Support Form here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, does this allow them to download a copy of the Lic. software? We are in the midst of training new people and one of the training task will be to install the Software from scratch.

If this doesn't give them ability, then am I allowed to store a copy somewhere where they can download it?
      Steve Coles
      www.ncwoodworker.net

Comment

No, you cannot share copies of vBulletin with others. That would be a violation of the license agreement.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by scoles15 View Post
          Steve, does this allow them to download a copy of the Lic. software?
          You didn't Answer the above part of the question.
          Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          No, you cannot share copies of vBulletin with others. That would be a violation of the license agreement.
          Then how do I acheive my purpose of training people. Are you say that a trusted admin/webmaster of my site has no way of legally uploading vbulletin code to the site and installing it. Even though I am a legal lic. holder.
          Steve Coles
          www.ncwoodworker.net

Comment

I guess you'll have to be content with training them in very general terms, with regards to installing forom-software, perhaps by using a free alternative or the admin-demo for the actual installation. As I understand the license, there's no way for you to be able to share the actual files your license covers.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

The license agreement allows you to set up one test board:

"If you have a valid license, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our license verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public."

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X