No announcement yet.

A few questions I need answers to soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions I need answers to soon.

Hey! I am new to the forums, but I would like to know the answers to a few questions.

First of all, how do you install it... And second of all, which domain do you suggest? I have tried phpbb with free subdomains, they suck... So I need some help. Thanks

what do you mean which domain do you suggest?

Comment

I mean... like... you can buy domains right? I mean, idk... like TZO... etc.

Comment

well, i think i understand what you mean. Well, if you are going to be using vBulletin I suggest you get a domain name. Subdomains dont tend to generate a lot of traffic, unless they are apart of a major website. So, I say go with a domain name.

if thats what you mean.

Comment

i mean, a WEBSERVER * * * * *

sorry.... well yeah... thanks for trying to answer, it didnt help though..

Comment

is anyone gonna answer or... cuz like... which webserver / domain company?

Comment

Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping your posts.

From the forum rules:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42918
              Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general 'how-to' questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OH SO SORRY... But no one is answering.. By any chance can you answer?

Comment

Originally posted by NubbyNub View Post
                  But no one is answering.. By any chance can you answer?
                  To be fair, it's really unclear what you were asking. You first asked what domain is suggested that you use. You're the one who chooses what your domain name will be.

Then you shouted about a web server. That's a pricey piece of hardware which normally, individuals don't buy for their own sites. They use someone elses servers through a domain hosting package of some sort.

Then you asked about a domain company. There is another forum here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11 that is dedicated to discussing which hosts people have had experience with and reviews of them.

As far as your original question about installing "it", presumably vBulletin, there are install documents elsewhere here for you to follow. http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/

Comment

You can get a domain name from GoDaddy and hundreds of other registrars.

For hosting, I've seen people mention ASmallOrange, BlueHost, etc. Check the Hosting forum or WebHostingTalk.com.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X