Space required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space required

I have been reading this forum but still dont understand how much space is needed for the forum. Where would you recommend ? Is godaddy hosting enough?
    Sorry this is new for me!

Hey,

Any shared hosting should be enough for a new forum. godaddy hosting should be enough yes .

Good luck.

Comment

Please note that Godaddy's free hosting with domain purchase will NOT work because it tries to add ads to your page and breaks some functionalities. Additionally, their windows servers are not properly configured for php + MySQL, so there will also be problems. Their linux server works though.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

For my experience the best hostings are Rochen and Bluehost, both offers to configure the php.ini for your domain.

Comment

100-250MB of hosting is plenty for a forum for its first year as long as you do not do a ton of attachments. Most hosting for $7-10/mo now has more space than that.

Comment

Please see the 'How much disk space do I need to run vBulletin?' section in the FAQ:

http://www.vbulletin.com/faqsales.php
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X