This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jw0ollard View Post
    Isn't that your opinion that IPB has a nice ACP?
    No, not an opinion but a fact. However, facts could be considered the opinions of the majority. Just like the "big bang" created the heavens & the earth, or that humans came from monkeys...I buy none of that bs - yet supposedly the majority do agree with it, or do they?

I am 110% for advances in design, no matter what the product may be.

In other words; where one person may see a rock, another person sees the potential of it being a gemstone. It is to each perceiver that which his eyes has understood the meaning of. If in a glorious piece of artwork you merely see a blotch, while others see an extravagant land of wonders... who is missing out?
    Last edited by Comtech; Tue 4th Dec '07, 12:03am.

Comment

• Ipb rules

Vbulletin Admincp is plain

I will never buy it

Comment

• Originally posted by LindseyBc View Post
        Ipb rules

I will never buy it
        Then you will be missing out on the greatest forum software on the market today. While IPB may have one nice feature of design that vBulletin doesn't currently have (ACP), it does fall short of being in the same league as vBulletin. This is coming from someone who switched from vBulletin to IPB, gave his IPB license away & then returned to vBulletin.

Comment

• Well Not to be mean

What is differntfrom Vbulletin to IPB

Ipb is 149.99 for 6 months and Vb is $160 1 yr
          I will not pay for vb when they never release beta

Comment

Well Not to be mean

To start with, the vBulletin community is more respectful & more active when compared to what could be found at IPSBeyond..at least this is from what I personally noticed. vBulletin has the greatest & most active team of community developers that I have ever seen.

It is late here, almost 3:00 am. So, I won't be able to go into detail over what the differences are but there was enough to make me return.

An owned vBulletin license is cheaper as it comes with unlimited support, unlimited membership to the mod community of vBulletin.org & more.

Comment

Well Not to be mean

I'm surprised you introduced such a fallacy into your arguments.

$150.00 (149.99 is just one penny off) for IPB. Period: 6 Months of Support and Updates.
              $160.00 (159.99 is just one penny off) for vBulletin. Period: 12 Months of updates. Lifetime Support .

The biggest fallacy in your argument is the unequal time frames. To make the comparison equal, we must add an additional 6 months to balance the time out. The rate: 25.00 for an additional 6 Months. Therefore:

$175.00 (174.99 is just one penny off) for IPB. Period: 12 Months of Support and Updates.
              $160.00 (159.99 is just one penny off) for vBulletin. Period: 12 Months of updates. Lifetime Support .

Not as cheap as you'd like to leave us to believe. Don't forget that your support also expires too where as vBulletin you get support for life
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by Discussions View Post
                While IPB may have one nice feature of design that vBulletin doesn't currently have (ACP), it does fall short of being in the same league as vBulletin.
                I totally agree. I tried IPB for a while on a another forum I control and it just didn't go down well with the members, and I found the ACP seriously lacking in features.

As for the look of vbulletin, whilst I know it may be dated, I actually like it!

Another thing about IPB that I didn't not like, is that when my license expired, I kept getting emails asking me to renew, even after I said no thanks!!

Comment

No, not an opinion but a fact.
                  Actually, it's an opinion, due to the fact that some like vBulletin's ACP more than IPB's. I guess it might as well be a fact that IPB has a better default style, just because I think so.

Originally posted by LindseyBc View Post
                  Ipb rules

I will never buy it
                  As long as your satisfied picking a Ford over a Mercedes, be my guest.

Comment

• In all honesty all the arguments against vB are not worth convincing the people posting them that they are wrong. Just because IPB admincp is nice looking doesn't make it a better admincp in being feature rich and being able to control exactly what is going on both behind the scenes and in the public eye.

Comment

If vBulletin 4.0.0 doesn't have a new & much improved ACP, then I will clearly be looking back at IPB for my forum needs.
                      Bye! You won't be missed.
                      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Stay polite please.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• The only version of IPB i liked was 1.3, after that i was drawn into the power of vBulletin. and havent lost interest at all. this software is a great piece and would personally choose it over IPB Anyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                            I love these threads only because there's no competition when matching other boards against vBulletin
                            I love these threads, simply because they amuse me. I can't imagine why someone would come to vb and ask if ipb is better, or go to ipb and ask if vb is better. Sure, the members here think ipb is better but use vb anyways?

It's almost as funny imagining the original poster thinking they'd get an unbiased opinion.

Comment

• The only thing I don't like about IPB's ACP (unlike many here who do seem to like it). Is why did the not create the stlye to be the same as a the new dark forum skin. Instead of having two different forum skins to use, and different skin for the ACP also. I think the ACP doesn't look nice myself by the way.

But I do like the new default "dark forum" skin, I didn't at first, but it's grown on me and it's very easy on the eyes too. I like the way the have reduced images used for it also to speed things up with it. In fact I wish they had done away with the old blue style and use this new dark skin for both the forum and acp only

Comment

• Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                                Bye! You won't be missed.
                                Comments like these warrant a response & yet, I will refrain from it.

Childish replies should not be tolerated & should be reason enough for an infraction.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X